Crazy Motorcyclists

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Crazy Motorcyclists

Post by Big Boy »

A couple of young kids decided to perform to my rear facing camera as I drove my son to work this morning. All it would have taken was a pothole, and without any helmets, those performers would soon have been victims.

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Crazy Motorcyclists

Post by StevePIraq »

Happens all the time especially on Pala U Road, and if they crashed into the back of your car who would pay for the damage as they will have no insurance.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, this is the first time for a long time I've seen idiots doing wheelies.

Points 41; Position 18
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

scares the crap out of me now but 40 odd years ago I did a lot worse its called youth and being young hope they make it to being old
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Youth ah yes I remember it well, I think!
I was also a Dick on a 750cc bike at 21, wheelies, 100 + mph (never got caught), screaming through country towns in Wales ha ha the good old days. How we change and become moaning old farts.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Don't see much harm in what they are doing. Just kids having a bit of fun. So they fall off, lesson learnt.
See it every day in the UK. Adults doing wheelies. Not kids! And the fun police complain about there as well.
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Youth ah yes I remember it well, I think!
I was also a Dick on a 750cc bike at 21, wheelies, 100 + mph (never got caught), screaming through country towns in Wales ha ha the good old days. How we change and become moaning old farts
Wheelie well put. :D :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I only lived in the UK for 56 years - guess I was just not lucky enough to see it there.

Lesson learnt? No helmet, significant brain injury, maybe death. Disabled through the injuries , needing constant care - that's one hell of a lesson, and potential burden on the family, looking after a cabbage.

I guess we all have different perceptions of different situations e.g. I don't have a problem with loud music in night clubs. I don't have to go in - it's my choice. However, I've little choice but to share my road with these idiots.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

When one is young one does not think of consequences, just the thrill. That's why so many take drugs now.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Big Boy wrote:I only lived in the UK for 56 years - guess I was just not lucky enough to see it there.

Lesson learnt? No helmet, significant brain injury, maybe death. Disabled through the injuries , needing constant care - that's one hell of a lesson, and potential burden on the family, looking after a cabbage.

I guess we all have different perceptions of different situations e.g. I don't have a problem with loud music in night clubs. I don't have to go in - it's my choice. However, I've little choice but to share my road with these idiots.
You never drove a car or motocycle faster than the posted speed or weaved around traffic or rode a bycicle with no hands or roller skated in the wrong place?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I've driven a car over the speed limit. The others, definitely not.

It's quite clear that a few of you obviously condone this type of behaviour on the public highway - I don't. I hope that when one of these idiots loses control, there is nobody else hurt. We will have to agree to disagree.

Points 41; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I have to admit that I have done far worse in my youth and not on an underpowered scooter. Doesn't make it right or legal but youth will always find a way to get their adrenalin rushing.

I'm not condoning their actions/behavior but I see far worse every day, on the roads here, by so called adult experienced drivers.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I'm not condoning their actions/behavior but I see far worse every day, on the roads here, by so called adult experienced drivers.
Yes, absolutely! You cannot blame the kids when idiotic parents do the same thing.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Watching irrational motor cyclists here got me wondering how the driverless cars of the near future will cope with them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:shock: Don't even think about it - you'll have nightmares :D

Points 41; Position 18