Buying tires in Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Buying tires in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Had a blow out on the Toyota pickup so need a new tire
Originals are Bridgestone

Any recommendations for dealer would be appreciated!!

Thanks
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Tires

Post by Nereus »

migrant wrote:Had a blow out on the Toyota pickup so need a new tire
Originals are Bridgestone
Any recommendations for dealer would be appreciated!!Thanks
Cannot buy "tires" here! :rasta:

In Hua Hin, Kosol out by the Airport, or B-Quick in town.

http://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20652

I seem to recall that you vehicles is not very old. Tyre gone already?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Must be an American, you spelled "tire" correctly. 555
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Cockpit sells Bridgestone. Just after Hua Hin Soi 56, heading north.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Nereus wrote:
migrant wrote:
I seem to recall that you vehicles is not very old. Tyre gone already?
Yes, Mrs m did some close curb parking and the sidewalls suffered and we had a blow out coming up from Bang Saphan :cry:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Buying tires in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Thanks all! :cheers:
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Buying in Hua Hin does tire me too. You might find that buying tyres is cheaper in Pranburi, most things are cheaper if you travel a bit away from Hua Hin.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Today I decided to buy 4 new tires for my Pajero. I shopped at both B-quik and Kosol. Neither place had an exact match for the size that came new on the car, 245/65R17, but both places had size 265/65R17 in several brands (Michelin, Bridgestone, etc). After some quick internet research I confirmed the slightly different size would not be a problem. Price for 4 tires, installed, balanced, etc was 27,780 bt at B-quik and 25,000 bt at Kosol. I was extremely impressed with the quality and speed of service at Kosol. I spent some time checking out their shop, tools, service bays and watching the staff. I was very impressed with all aspects, I highly recommend them. An added bonus is I'm very happy with the performance, look and feel of my new Michelin tires. To be fair, B-quik looks to be a top notch service shop also, and appeared to be much busier than Kosol. The staff at both shops speak English, the Kosol staff were a bit more fluent than at B-quik.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was the Farang in B-Quick (aka B-Slow), who had lost the will to live when you popped in twice this morning (I assume you were the one with the White Pajero). I was sat there for 2.5 hours, and there was only 1 car in the car park ahead of me. I would guess you were sorted before my car was ready.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Yes that was me. After the first visit I went to the parking lot to do some internet research on my iPad, then came back a 2nd time to clarify a couple of details. I noticed you sitting there, wish I'd have known it was you so I could have introduced myself, I'd like to meet you :) The girl at the front counter at B-quik was quite helpful, but she kept asking if I wanted an "appointment" for the install, which gave me the impression, right or wrong, that I might not be able to get the work done immediately. B-quik was my first stop on my shopping expedition, from there I drove north to Kosol, where after a 3 minute conversation about tire availability and price, I committed to the purchase and handed them my keys. 30 minutes later I drove away with 4 new tires installed :)
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Max shop. Palau Rd. after soi 23 or 25
buksida

Post by buksida »

Do any of these places have websites with prices (or have they joined the droves of other idiots that only use Facebook)?

Need a full set of tyres for our Mitsu (215/45 R17) so I wanted to compare Hua Hin prices with those locally without having to drive all the way up there.

(A Google search brings up this forum ... and Feckbook).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

europtimiste wrote:Max shop. Palau Rd. after soi 23 or 25
They sold me 4 absolute lemons posing as Firestones. Lasted about 6 months.

How many times have they fooled you?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Buying tires in Hua Hin

Post by hhinner »

sateeb wrote:
europtimiste wrote:Max shop. Palau Rd. after soi 23 or 25
They sold me 4 absolute lemons posing as Firestones. Lasted about 6 months.

How many times have they fooled you?
Buying Firestone or Bridgestone it might be better to use Cockpit as they're official retailers. And good service, with guarantees.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Thanks. I've used Cockpit before but this time I thought I would give a local business the opportunity to impress. Shame on me. Never mind, as long as our resident troll is happy with them,barring any high speed blowouts!!!!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.