Volkswagens

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Volkswagens

Post by Nereus »

Interesting article about the cars. As usual, this rally was last month and I for one did not see it advertised.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/special ... ive-my-car

The Volkswagen, one of the world's classic brands, gives southerners a thrill as hundreds gather for a rally

The former king of Belgium, Baudouin, drove one. So did Jack Nicholson. And as for The Beatles, well Paul McCartney owned one, while the notoriously poor driver John Lennon would surely have crashed one...
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Volkswagens

Post by Dannie Boy »

My first car as an 18 year old was a 1200cc 1961 Beetle and I subsequently had a 1966 model with a 1300cc engine, both great little cars. I was also fortunate enough to own two camper vans, a 1971 with a 1600cc engine and then a 1979 model with a 2000 cc engine, but still air cooled. Had some great camping holidays with both of them when our children were young, especially driving over to France, even towing a folding caravan with the 2 litre model. I've also had a couple of Golfs, but they were just ordinary cars by comparison.