Servicing costs Honda HRV

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Servicing costs Honda HRV

Post by Bluesky »

Would be interested to hear of any recent experiences or comments from forum members with regards to local Honda automobile dealerships and vehicle services. Our HRV will be due for its 10k service shortly.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Servicing costs Honda HRV

Post by STEVE G »

We bought an HRV from Honda, Pranburi in December but I think yours will make 10k first so I can't help much on that one. I looked around the servicing area at Pranburi and it looked to be a professional set up but I've no experience of having an actual service done there.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Personal opinion and experience, I think you'll find every Honda dealership in Thailand to be professional giving top quality service in all aspects; mechanical, body work etc. We've used four now in the East over the past 10 years and I can't find fault with any of them. I think Honda Japan holds the reins quite tight concerning training and customer service. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

prcscct wrote:Personal opinion and experience, I think you'll find every Honda dealership in Thailand to be professional giving top quality service in all aspects; mechanical, body work etc. We've used four now in the East over the past 10 years and I can't find fault with any of them. I think Honda Japan holds the reins quite tight concerning training and customer service. Pete :cheers:
I agree with Pete.

I have two Hondas - both bought new and regularly serviced by Honda Hua Hin. The Civic is now 15 yrs old with 280,000 on the clock and the Accord is almost 3 yrs old with 75,000 on the clock and absolutely no problems with either.

If you're having a 10K service then my guess is that the bill will be less than THB 3K
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Thanks kindly Steve, Pete and Terry for your comments .The vehicle was purchased from Pranbury and to date we have been dealt with in a totally professional manner by sales in fact, better better than expected. Requested a tour of the workshop area at the time of purchase which was no problem and was generally impressed with cleanliness and the manner in which work was being undertaken at the time. That being said, it's quite helpful to have some opinions of value to confirm our perceptions.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Quite satisfied with the 10k service on the HRV at Honda Pranburi. Service staff professional to deal with and provided a full explanation of imspections and work carried out. Cost was just over a thousand baht and 3 hours. Excellent customer lounge with wifi although we chose to go to Lotus Pranburi in the intervening time. Service dept dropped us off there and collected us when the vehicle was finished. On par with what you would expect from Honda in Oz.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I bought two cars at Honda Pranburi before the dealership in Hua Hin opened. I had been getting my cars serviced in Pranburi for years but when Honda Hua Hin opened I went there because it was more convenient. I found that they were slower, charged more, and didn't wash my car after service so I returned to Honda Pranburi for service for the remaining years of my time there for both cars. The only problem I ever had with them was that sometimes there was no one there who spoke English. :thumb: :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?