Reflective window film on cars

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
PeteC

Re: Reflective window film on cars

Post by PeteC »

^ I thought the same thing when I first saw the price but then thought..."this is Thailand"...as usual. Normal western price for a laminated screen is about $300.00+ Can be as low as $100-120 for non-laminated. Perhaps Thailand has a few windshield manufacturing factories given the many car manufacturers here, and discount prices are available for vendors. Pete :cheers:

PS: Can we throw a rock at it to see what happens? :shock: :mrgreen: :duck:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

So where in Hua Hin can one buy reflective film for car windows? Buy, not to have installed.

Thanks for the info.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Try the shop at corner Soi 60
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

aragon..my truck is a Mk 2 Ford Ranger, I chose to venture down to Pranburi on the basis that most things are more expensive up here in H.H.
Price did include tint on the rear window also..albeit a smaller window than on the rear of a saloon.
As for being lamiated I'll have to check the black writing in the screen-corner..? :cheers:
kev78

Post by kev78 »

Anyone else have any shops they could recommend for tinting? Need to get the triton done :cheers:
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Kev, before getting it done, you may want to consider that they have a ceramic type of tint available as opposed to the more common metallised tint.
The upside of this is that all mobile phone signals, GPS receivers and such will not be affected in the same way as the metallised film. These have been around for a while now but unfortunately not when I got mine done.
วินเชนท์
kev78

Post by kev78 »

Ahh ok we do use the sat nav a lot so worth considering. Still not sure where to get it done though.

Thanks for the info.