SOI 88 Road Works

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

SOI 88 Road Works

Post by dalmatiandave »

Just been down Soi 88 from Chom Dong Villa turn off (near Horizon) to Family Mart and the road is basically blocked. You can just about drive on a bike but cars won't get by. The stretch in front of the Terminal including Radar 88 is completely blocked, they are working hard putting in the drains etc but it is an area to steer clear of. If you come down the hill from Hin Lek Fai and turn left into Soi 88 the entrance to the next road turning right (passed the Vietnamese restaurant) is also closed.

It will be good when done but an avoid area at present. I was in radar 88 last night and the road is not conducive even for foot traffic let alone bikes. Best to give it a day or two I think.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: SOI 88 Road Works

Post by usual suspect »

Yes indeed ..PLUS the short link Rd between 94 & 88 just East of Hin Lek Fai Road-end is also blocked off..so coming into town you must turn right just after the college (& follow round to the high end of 94) or turn left further on & go over HLF on to Chomsin.
As a footnote I do not have much faith in the drainage system they're putting in..those cement slabs & metal grids on the top are just not strong enough...as seen opposite the college where some have broken thru'..!
(OK for cars, but when fully loaded cement mixer-trucks run on them then...)