Buy A slightly better crash helmet - Where ?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
jabba
Novice
Novice

Buy A slightly better crash helmet - Where ?

Post by jabba »

We have some skid lids from the place we hired our scooter , but they are like saucepan lids and dont fit well , we'd like to buy something a little better , but not a full faced expensive proper one :)

anyone know of a shop selling helmets where we can find something with a better fit ? tried tesco lotus , but they were all XL , tried a clothes shop in market village , same , all XL. Also went to Pit Bull place near Koah Tao , but all very expensive "proper" helmets. just want a better fit and for "Plod".

cheers
nil
Professional
Professional

Re: Buy A slightly better crash helmet - Where ?

Post by nil »

There are two helmet shops. At the top of the night market (on the road that of you go left you reach the station) if you turn right there is one shortly on the left hand side then another slightly further down on the right.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Try the Honda (or other dealer) shops. - I got mine from Honda Cha Am, but assume the one in HH has a similar range, from very basic to reasonable quality full-face, so hopefully something in the middle will be ok.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Dannie Boy wrote:Try the Honda (or other dealer) shops. - I got mine from Honda Cha Am, but assume the one in HH has a similar range, from very basic to reasonable quality full-face, so hopefully something in the middle will be ok.
We got 2 helmets from Honda on Phetkasem road, the wife dropped hers and it split in half, mine went in the bin there and then.

Go to railway road and get a well known brand, do not relay on EU symbols etc as everything is fake here
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I have 2 open-face helmets from the UK. Both have only done 1 week's trail-riding up in Chaing Rai, 1 has a mark where the bike fell off it's stand while the helmet was on the bars. I no longer have use for them, & will sell for 450b each..
..They are both black, & both size L. Please send me a private message if you'd like to come & inspect them.. :cheers: