2015 Thailand Car of the Year winner

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/87 ... ear-winner

Ford Everest edges out Mitsubishi Pajero Sport by the smallest of margins to win the country's first-ever top vehicle award.
The Ford Everest has won the inaugural 2015 Thailand Car of the Year award, organised by the Thai Automotive Journalists Association.

The American pickup-based SUV edged out its most direct rival from Japan – the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport – by just one point, with a total of 110.

The Mazda 2 subcompact came in third with 106, followed by Honda HR-V (85), Mercedes-Benz C-class (83) and Nissan X-Trail (56).

These six finalists were shortlisted from a total of 11 eligible candidates. Each had to be an all-new edition launched in Thailand during the 12 months starting from November 2014. As well, each had to be assembled in the country with a minimum sales volume of 500 units per year.

The judging panel comprised of 25 motoring journalists based in Thailand with experience in testing new cars. Their decisions were based on various aspects of the vehicles like design, performance, functionality, comfort, handling and value for money

Each judge had 25 points to allocate, with no more than 10 going to their top choice. The point system is largely based on those used in Europe and Japan.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Re: 2015 Thailand Car of the Year winner

Post by PeteC »

If you read the reviews the BKK Post has printed over the past year, those results are nonsense. The new Everest was always listed as not being on a par with the new PJS in almost all categories. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I looked at the Everest but never drove it, but I'm more than happy with my Pajero and pleased I bought it so no problem coming 2nd!! I'm a bit surprised that the Foretuner didn't feature in one of the top places?
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Dannie Boy wrote:....................I'm a bit surprised that the Foretuner didn't feature in one of the top places?
I'm not...............
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Terry wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:....................I'm a bit surprised that the Foretuner didn't feature in one of the top places?
I'm not...............
I say that not that I'm a fan, far from it, but by numbers there are more of them on the road than the Everest or Pajero Sport - maybe a lot of unhappy customers?