Petchkasem Road/Highway 4 warning

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
buksida

Petchkasem Road/Highway 4 warning

Post by buksida »

12729012_10204929356348500_2487185313728976485_n.jpg
Found this on Facebook, looks like some of the bolts were not removed along with the bollards that were used to separate the lanes during the recent road resurfacing between Pranburi and Chumphon. This particular one occurred near Kuiburi, be careful if using this stretch of road.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Petchkasem Road/Highway 4 warning

Post by bsdk1960 »

Hardly a big surprice that there are people without brains here in LOS,it seems that they put the nut back after removing the pole :twisted:

:cheers: :cheers:
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Think it's more likely the bollard has been repeatedly ran over by vehicles causing it to break off leaving the bolts exposed.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I think it's likely that the bolts were left to catch some of the "nutters", driving mini vans that passed me, at warp speed, this morning and using every available millimeter of Tarmac to do so.

Seriously... Thankfully I didn't run across these bolts but, as I posted in another thread, safety is not a thought if profitability gets in the way. Highway 4 was built at the lowest cost irrespective of bid value. The cracks, bumps, humps are already back and the government says that HW4 is the model for other roads. OMB!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Obviously very dangerous and can cause a lot of damage when running over them. However, the bolts/bollards appear to be within double lines which shouldn't be crossed, assuming that is the middle of the road we're looking at.