Aftermarket parts for Honda Sonic 125

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
buksida

Aftermarket parts for Honda Sonic 125

Post by buksida »

Anyone know of a reliable website or local shop that has aftermarket parts for a Sonic?

I know they don't make the bike anymore so it may not be that easy!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Aftermarket parts for Honda Sonic 125

Post by usual suspect »

Sonic parts still seem to be easy to locate..I took mine into a bike repair shop on Nechbahart Rd & 3-4 hrs later they'd fitted me my fork seals AND sourced a new cam-chain tensioner to fit :D
One shop that USED to be pretty well stocked with goodies for all the popular bikes both old & new was the one just up/West of the Pheonix Bar on the Pala U Rd..worth checking them out next time you're up here..the shop is ram-jam full of parts floor to ceiling.. :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sounds like a silly question but have you tried Honda? They certainly have parts for other 'obsolete' bikes even if they have to order the part.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks u.s., that shop had plenty of bits.

Honda are no good as they only supply standard parts, the Sonic is being "upgraded". :mrgreen:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

My guess is it will now go from sub sonic to super sonic?
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Buksi..I DID catch a glimpse of a Sonic sporting a high-level silencer the other day..the can did indeed look good, but did not get a long enuf look to see if the guy had cut-away the r/h seat panel at all..? (I fancied doing something like this but after cutting away the plastic panel my idea was to form a new 'flaired' heat-shield for the pillion.)
Will look out for it again..then send you pics.. :cheers: