Vehicle booted/clamped in Prachuap

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Vehicle booted/clamped in Prachuap

Post by migrant »

Had to go to the customs office in Prachuap to pick up a box today so we decided to take lunch in town. Parked on the third road parallel to the beach. No parking but thought I squeezed OK into a spot by a crossing.

Obviously not. Returned to the car and found it booted, a ticket and plastic card on the windshield. First time for me here in Thailand. The wife looked at the card and ticket, and no phone number to call. Obviously with the boot can't drive. She went to a food vendor about 50 meters away and she didn't know, but one of her customers said you have to go to the police station. He gave her a ride and returned in a cop car after paying 1,000 baht fine.

The cops said they were cracking down on all traffic violations, and have urged residents to take pictures and send to the police by line, that is what happened to us.

While my wife was at the station a call came in. Seemed the guy that booted our truck went and booted another car directly after. This car belonged to so sort of big wig who called down and was raising hell. The guy that did the booting was real upset, and concerned. The wife said he was real worried!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Re: Booted in Prachuap

Post by buksida »

I guess "booted" means wheel clamped in English?

They can be funny about parking in Prachuap as many of the roads are very narrow.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

buksida wrote:I guess "booted" means wheel clamped in English?

They can be funny about parking in Prachuap as many of the roads are very narrow.
Yes wheel clamped! The cops also told my wife that they usually tow the vehicle after a short while, but there was so much fuss with the big wig they didn't get to it yet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote:I guess "booted" means wheel clamped in English?
:lach: It means the same in England also. I think you've been away too long :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
nil
Professional
Professional

Re: Vehicle booted/clamped in Prachuap

Post by nil »

I wonder if there is a Thai version of Angle-grinder Man.