Opinions on used izuzu d max

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
crispernator
Amateur
Amateur

Opinions on used izuzu d max

Post by crispernator »

Hi all currently looking at vehicles in thailand to buy ,at the moment i am using the current d max 2wd as a work vehicle and find it very good .Just wondering what peoples opinions are on used vehicles of this type ,have seen a few on baht and sold for around 15+ aus and some cheaper admitedly they are not the current model .All seem to have low mileage 150,000 maybe even less most have carryboy or simmilar on the rear .
I know the toyota is probably the largest selling vehicle vigo i think its called seems that is most of what i saw last time there so just after some opinions about what people own what to look for ect thanks.
jvs
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Opinions on used izuzu d max

Post by jvs »

Make sure you know the history of the vehicle,i know most pick-ups here are babies and never go off-road or carry a heavy load.I have a 12 year old truck and it performs like new.I do not like the look of the newer models on the outside ,the interior is nicer.
It also depends on how much you will be driving it,if it is just for around town or the odd longer trip i would really want a 3 liter engine.They have so much more power then the smaller ones.If you are driving a lot it would pay to try and save on fuel and buying a newer one.If you are looking at a used vehicle make sure you are getting access to the service book,no book =walk away.If people claim it has always been serviced by the dealer then one phone call to them can verify the odometer reading.
Most vehicles owned by foreigners have always been serviced and should be no problem.
crispernator
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Opinions on used izuzu d max

Post by crispernator »

Thanks for the advice mate probably will do some long work but not a lot ,the one im driving now has pretty good fuel consuption or at least i think it has ,i looked at izuzu for the reason that just about every truck here in aus is one of them and there really making a push into the 4wd market and pickup arena ,admitedly the ones i am looking at are a bit prehistoric compared with the new ones ,have also looked at the toyota and will be a toss up on the day i think but the izuzu apeals to me ,some of the best ones ive seen are in phuket area there are some in the pattaya area as well but after the rains there they might be classed as lifeboats rather than pickups.