Buying a pickup truck

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Buying a pickup truck

Post by Big Boy »

ahandpatsy wrote:can't believe the amount of totally unnecessary huge pick ups and 4 x 4 in hua hin these days

no need for them at all, makes driving even more dangerous
Whilst I don't disagree that many are unnecessary (I love mine, but it isn't necessary); I don't understand why they make driving even more dangerous.

It is not the vehicle that is dangerous, it is the person driving it - many with minimal or no training at all.

Exactltly the same can be said for motorcycles, small cars, buses and lorries. Why single out large 4x4 or pick-ups?

IMHO it is motorcycles that are the real danger. In particular at this time of year with the additional holiday idiots on the road. No training, no licence - their only qualification is they are on holiday. Thais may fit the first 2 criterion (no training, no licence) but they are 'consistently' bad, and you can usually anticipate what happens next. The holiday warriors see bad driving/normal rules being broken, and assume anything goes.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20