The ever-improving state of Hua Hin's roads

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: The ever-improving state of Hua Hin's roads

Post by HHTel »

"Your lack of knowledge about the current works is starting to show through. Next time you visit the city. open your eyes and look at what is actually happening."

I agree. The flooding situation has massively improved. Still a long way to go but it's getting there. Try driving along Sukhumvit in Pattaya after the rain. Beach road becomes part of the gulf. There are many worse places that HH.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've heard that once again, all the restaurants, bars etc along the railway line down to the station are to come down. They did it some years ago but then the plan for the new road was scrapped and they were all rebuilt. Tenants there tell me that they've been warned and the railway company has ceased collecting rents - a sure sign.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

That has been raised many times, just like the restaurants over the sea supposed to come down. I can understand why both should be improved but to remove them totally would be very detrimental to tourism and they are part of the charm of HH
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The demolition of restaurants by the sea was curbed by a delegation to BKK and a handsome changing of money. Those by the railway line don't have that kind of clout and as I said, they did demolish it all before so I guess they'll do it again.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

When was it demolished in the past, I have been in HH 8 years and don't remember that
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've been here 13+ years and yes it was completely demolished. The plan was to widen the road and so ease the burden on Petchkasem. Must have been at least 10 years ago. What you see there now were rebuilt after the plan was scrapped.
booboo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by booboo »

I haven't seen any improvement in the roads at all, I live north of Town and they have spent months changing the roads from soi 55 heading north, putting in a cement central island with gaps here and there to do U turn, it's just as dangerous as it was before, I see accidents almost daily, if your heading towards Cha Am and want to do a U turn to come back into Town you have to pull into the middle of the road to get in position to get round the stupid little central island, it's deadly, the road is just too narrow !
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I can't disagree regarding that road booboo. The intention was good, but this is one that needs remedial work urgently. I see they've already made extra bits to increase the available turning circle. However, I've often seen cars parked in these additional bits. I'm sure it's just a teething problem, and a solution won't be too far away.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was on the Klong Road yesterday just after the heavy shower had passed. I was shocked at the amount of flooding on that stretch - a lot more remedial work needed there than I had realised. Sorry, I was well wrong about this particular new road. I'd have thought, running alongside the drainage canal......................... :?

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ tat! (that is Thailand) :D

As I said on another thread. We built a nice home on a very good sealed road off Soi 112. Within 4 years you needed a 4 wheel drive to get to my house without damaging your vehicle, and over the next 6 years it only got worse. A large group of Thais (including my wife) went to the Tessabahn to protest the state of the road about 4 years ago. over the following 4 years it got worse.... That is one of the main reasons we decided to sell our house and move into a rental.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, it is an exception. The quality work that has been done this year on Hua Hin's roads and drainage is everywhere to be seen, and there is no sign of it stopping soon.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:No, it is an exception. The quality work that has been done this year on Hua Hin's roads and drainage is everywhere to be seen, and there is no sign of it stopping soon.
They are almost finished doing a major drainage channel on both sides of Phetchkasem from near the Energy project going towards Cha Am, that should alleviate any flooding during storms.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There are now 3 paved roads between 94 and 102, new ones both sides of the railway and at the moment NO speed bumps.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

The new pumping station on 102
Pumping Station Soi 102.jpg
Looking at the power cables going into this building, they must have some serious sized pumps in there.

I assume that the reason the pump station is 2 floors, is, that pumps are ground level and electrics upstairs and out of harms way.
Surely, these pumps are not just for a bit of water running down Soi 102 from the railway line! Does it serve other, local, low lying areas as well? I seem to remember years ago, the houses behind there, that are below the level of the soi were badly flooded, maybe the pumps also drain that area.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Oppps file did not attach to my post. :oops:

Pumping Station Soi 102.jpg
Pumping Station Soi 102.jpg (145.55 KiB) Viewed 604 times
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.