The ever-improving state of Hua Hin's roads

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: The ever-improving state of Hua Hin's roads

Post by HHTel »

Quite recently, the Police Chief in Bangkok demanded that the police stop motorcycles using the bicycle lane and to remove any vendors that encroach on the bicycle lane. There was an initial 'enforcement' but I gather that's gone by the wayside as usual.

The road to 'Dolphin Bay' has bicycle lanes separated by blocks from the main road. It's out in the sticks so quite nonsensical but a good idea for urban roads where space permits.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As you guys have probably guessed, I'm quite a fan of the fantastic work that is being done here in improving the area's roads. I do, however, have one major grumble. Why can't they join one road to another. At the end of each masterpiece, there's always a reminder of Hua Hin's old network either in the shape of a hump, a pot hole or a couple of yards of dirt track.

Why? Is there a bylaw in Thailand that insists on X number of potholes every so many metres?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

New rest area. Khan Khlong Road, Bo Fai.
IMG_20150919_113843a.jpg
IMG_20150919_113843a.jpg (186.5 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I smile every time I pass that :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Nice to see Railway Road has been re surfaced, it has always been my pet hate, the only problem now is the motorbikes go like everywhere else "CRAZY"
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: The ever-improving state of Hua Hin's road

Post by NOKYAI »

BUT, have you noticed the typical Thai mistake?

They have resurfaced OVER the drainage grates!!

It makes the road nice and smooth for bikes bud next week it will be 2 feet deep in water! Then over time the Tarmac will be pushed through the grates by heavy trucks, blocking the whole system.......so the road will have to be dug up and patched again.....TIT!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Yep saw that wonderful engineering feat, but thought hey this Is Ting Tong Land, one step at a time. After all this is a Third world/Developing country give it 50 years and it will be at Western levels 50 years ago. But remember we choose to live here.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Drove along Railway road today and they are digging up where the drains used to be and were covered on relaying, maybe this is a much quicker method. They are reinstalling the drain covers, no doubt 2 inches below the rest of the road so it totally F*^#@s my back up
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Perhaps it's the young lady in your avatar that is causing your back problems. Lol
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

NOKYAI wrote:Perhaps it's the young lady in your avatar that is causing your back problems. Lol
Hey that's my wife..........................In my dreams
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Well I have to admit I was wrong, the drains now installed on Railway Road are pretty good and level with the surface, they seem to have moved them all to the side of the road so one does not drive over them anymore.

Good job
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Talking of road drains, they certainly went overboard with those up the hill on Soi 88. I expect all above board though.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I think the Hua Hin municipality are doing a great job in improving roads around here. Lots of roads in town have been relayed, street lighting installed, some sidewalks fixed up, new drainage installed etc. I know it can always be better but lets remember this is Thailand.

Well done Hua Hin Municipality
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

agree the roads and sidewalks a great improvement. but they need to keep the clear next time you go down soi 112 .take alook at the new side walk must have cost a small fortune2 years ago now just a 6foot jungle.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I agree. The pavements (sidewalks) are mostly like billiard tables compared to Bangkok.

The problem roads are (during the rainy season) outside of the city. 2-3" potholes can appear overnight on small stretches (3-5 metres) of quite fast road that actually need fully resurfacing with harder tarmac. All they do it patch them up (after a few days of getting deeper and deeper, finally up to 6" sometimes). They are wheel busters. :(