Dash Cam Can Really Save You Cash Cam

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
SPONSORS: : Car Rental Hua Hin : Bike Rental Hua Hin : Club Moto
huahin4ever
Professional
Professional

Re: Dash Cam Can Really Save You Cash Cam

Post by huahin4ever » Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Happychappy wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm
Can anyone recommend anywhere that installs the dashcams (front and back) so they are neatly hard-wired ? If so do they supply the cams or should I buy from UK and bring over when I come ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure of anyone who does this in Hua Hin, but if you have a minimum of practical skill you should be fine doing it yourself. I did this myself, buying the below camera from Amazon, and followed the installation instructions from the video on the same site (DR650S-1CH/2CH Installation)

https://www.blackvue.com/dr650s-2ch/
"Two possibilities exist:
Either we are alone in the universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying."
Arthur C. Clarke

Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happychappy » Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 pm

huahin4ever wrote:
Happychappy wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm
Can anyone recommend anywhere that installs the dashcams (front and back) so they are neatly hard-wired ? If so do they supply the cams or should I buy from UK and bring over when I come ?
Thanks

I'm not sure of anyone who does this in Hua Hin, but if you have a minimum of practical skill you should be fine doing it yourself. I did this myself, buying the below camera from Amazon, and followed the installation instructions from the video on the same site (DR650S-1CH/2CH Installation)

https://www.blackvue.com/dr650s-2ch/
Cheers for that

Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire » Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Dash cam is a good idea. I have one and not been stopped by police since....none of them want to end up on YouTube.

Also, it gives you ammo when some local moron does something silly and everyone expects you to fix it. Show it to the insurance guy that shows up very quick (ironically when money is at stake) and they will sort it.

Seems like you might soon get a 5-10% discount for having one in your car if you agree to supply the footage in case of a claim.
The state has a monopoly on violence - Max Weber

Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happychappy » Tue May 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Spitfire wrote:Dash cam is a good idea. I have one and not been stopped by police since....none of them want to end up on YouTube.

Also, it gives you ammo when some local moron does something silly and everyone expects you to fix it. Show it to the insurance guy that shows up very quick (ironically when money is at stake) and they will sort it.

Seems like you might soon get a 5-10% discount for having one in your car if you agree to supply the footage in case of a claim.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Wed May 10, 2017 7:26 am

I've been stopped several times, but I just turn the cam straight on them -works every time, not that I doing anything illegal. However, it prevents their imagination taking over.
League 1 - AFC Wimbledon...0 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Points 10; Position 24