Drones/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)

Post by Nereus »

Been wondering how long it would take for this.
....................................................................................
Restrictions due on aerial drones

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ial-drones

The government is cracking down on drones intended to spy on others or which fly too high, threatening public safety. .............................

Under the regulations, the public will not be allowed to fly drones fitted with cameras.

(cannot copy the rest of this, better to use the link)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Nereus wrote:(cannot copy the rest of this, better to use the link)
To avoid getting the message "Please credit and share this article with others using this link:" it's easiest to print the article. A print preview appears and you can copy and paste from that preview without issues and without actually printing :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Nereus wrote:Been wondering how long it would take for this.
....................................................................................

The government is cracking down on drones intended to spy on others or which fly too high, threatening public safety. .............................

Under the regulations, the public will not be allowed to fly drones fitted with cameras.

Just wondering how they would determine if the drone is fitted with a camera or not.... shoot it down then look to see if there was a camera, if there isn't then too bad. :cuss: One year jail time seems a bit harsh!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

jumusman wrote:
Nereus wrote:Been wondering how long it would take for this.

Just wondering how they would determine if the drone is fitted with a camera or not.... shoot it down then look to see if there was a camera, if there isn't then too bad. :cuss: One year jail time seems a bit harsh!
They'll likely try and go up in a helicopter to inspect it. There again the 'copter is likely to crash. Then the drone would be blamed
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was thinking of buying one as a 'nice to have' boyz toy. Glad I didn't indulge myself.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Actually, according to the Thai aviation act you're not supposed to use a camera from any type of aircraft without permission.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Bristolian wrote:
Nereus wrote:(cannot copy the rest of this, better to use the link)
To avoid getting the message "Please credit and share this article with others using this link:" it's easiest to print the article. A print preview appears and you can copy and paste from that preview without issues and without actually printing :D
Thanks Bristolian. I have tried several different ways, but not that one. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Just to update other members which enjoy flying their drone. The new law/act proposal to ban all private persons from flying camera drones is still not implemented. Latest now is maybe April 1st., but could be further delayed. I have this information from a friend who has visited the Police Station here in Hua Hin to obtain a flying permit. This was the info he received, and he was free to go flying his camera drone as much as he wants for now. He just have to make sure he follow International Regulations i.e. like those we have in Europe and US, at least in Scandinavia where I'm from. They also notified him that the Airport Area (that's naturally so) and 1 km stretching out from the King's Palace were no-fly zones!

As a matter of fact my friend has started training the police in Hua Hin using drones, since they would like to use them in traffic surveillance, especially during peak/congested hours.
YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

A short video made by the Hua Hin Police doing some exercises using drone. It is my friend who teach and train the police to use drones, and as far as I know the police is planning to purchase several drones to implement in crime fighting and traffic surveillance.

YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

The ultimate drone save :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

YNWA
Rider
Ace
Ace

The Drone Thread

Post by Rider »

The Drones have arrived! Are you ready?

Right now we are at a brave new crossroads, possibly a fork in the road to an extent as well.

One way goes the way of some sports, hobbies and pursuits - unregulated, free-wheeling and devil may care.

The other is the road to hell - paved with good intentions but ultimately will criminalize the use of these wonder-birds to explore the skies with.

Historically, whenever a certain thing arrives to the masses, or most of the masses it is either regulated, criminalized or left well alone.

With the legislation going through in various power-centers in the USA and Europe, it can only be hoped that an NRA / AIPAC style lobby for Drones can manifest itself. Todays Drones could well be tomorrows flying machines of even greater capability.

Unless people get experienced with these craft unfettered by government interference then the future pilots / users of flying machines could end up being regulated licensees unable to excel, have freedom of operation and ability.

Right now the Drone Community (private users that is) is in a state of flux. There are those that want to let the scene shape itself with individual responsibility being key and the big-government lovers who want inspections, licenses, taxes etc.

In the UK we have an issue with this, but not the USA as much. Even if the US does pass a Drone Law, enforcing it will be near-impossible, especially in the rural, remote and rugged areas common to the land.
Thailand may follow suit too for restricting them.

It can only be hoped there are no 'terrorist' issues or connections with drones to major national security factors. This, as we well know, can influence and distort things further.

So that's my ramble, what about you folks?

Does anyone have a drone or know folks that have? What are your thoughts on the whole civilian drone thing?
Rider
Ace
Ace

Re: The Drone Thread

Post by Rider »

Make the most of your drone rights folks, this was my first wonder machine, a multirotor:

Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

Before I got this one though I had this vulture class RC helicopter though. There was no camera on this though and much more basic:

Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

Back to the quadcopter buzz.

Thanks to the neurotic Thai staff they wouldn't allow me access to the roof.

So I had to use the balcony instead...

BIG MISTAKE!
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

Testing my skills seemed to show promise:

Then came the fateful day I should have left it well alone: