Buying new PCX model - First time purchase

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Buying new PCX model - First time purchase

Post by Dannie Boy »

NOKYAI wrote:I'm back in the UK for a few months and missing my PCX so much I might get rid of the commuting car and buy something similar. Ie Suzuki Bergman or Yamaha Majestic. If it's raining will take the Porsche! I haven't seen them over here second hand yet. I was surprised that the Yamaha only gets around 55 mpg, I know it's a 250 but I think I get twice that from the PCX!
You can get the PCX in the UK now:
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

So, reviving this thread to ask you fellow PCX owners, what is the Thai service schedule? I bought my 150 at the Honda dealer on Petchakasem/Soi 68 in February 2015. I'm not in HH as much as I'd like and so a friend rides it from time-to-time when I'm not about but it still has sub-2,000 km on the clock. Thinking it would be like other vehicles I own, my friend took it down to the dealer at the 12 month mark but they said it didn't need a service and there was no issue with the warranty.

My other bikes and cars all state the sevice interval at x,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is sooner - can anyone shed any light on this from a Thai perspective?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

J.J.B. wrote: My other bikes and cars all state the sevice interval at x,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is sooner - can anyone shed any light on this from a Thai perspective?
We have a PCX and I'm pretty sure that the basic service interval is 2,500km or 12 months. Whatever they say, I would at least get them to change the oil every 12 months.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

I have a PCX 150 and I also travel each year. I change the oil and spark plug each year I come. Cost less than 250 Baht and gives me peace of mind knowing I am caring for it. They also adjust the brakes, etc. at no charge. Just common sense to me.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As S&F said, servicing is so cheap you could do an oil change twice a year and it's going to cost hardly anything and will prolong the life of the engine. This has just reminded me that our PCX is 9 months old, so I'll get it serviced next week.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Sure, I get all this and appreciate the confirmarion. Perhaps my question should have been "can anyone think of why the Honda dealership turned away my friend (and hard cash) when requesting a 12 month service"?

I'm over next week until the end of the month so will get it squared away before I head back.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde