Why do YOU think the Thais are such bad drivers?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nothappyjan

Re: Why do YOU think the Thais are such bad drivers?

Post by Nothappyjan »

I am with you Bristollian.
At our condo we have a rule that swimming is permitted between 8am and 8 pm. The other morning a young Thai lady was swimming at 7am. I pointed at the sign that said that.She nonchantly told me that the rules only apply to Farangs and not to Thais.
That summed it up perfectly and I somehow understand why they are such idiotic and mindless drivers. It is clear to them that the rules don't apply to them only farangs.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

europtimiste wrote:HHTel: If of course not, and it's not the point then what's the point ???? Useless bla bla...?

The thread is "Why do you think the Thais are such bad drivers?"

Not

How can we change this??
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Bristolian wrote:
europtimiste wrote:GLCQuantum and dtaii-maii: I must say that they are good drivers. The problem is lack of basic education. Lack of respect for others, selfishness. But this is Thai education. You can see that in daily life. Not only by driving.
If we ignore the compete and utter Ill considered and totally rediculous , non-sensical and contradictory overvew and then focus on the remaining part of europtimiste's post there are some rough gems to be found. This discovery made my day! and confirms the sufficient monkeys with typewriters = the works of Shakespeare

I quote...

1). Lack of basic education
2). Lack of respect for others
3). Selfishness

Even in the darkest places even a dim light might be useful
Well spotted Bristolian. Scan deep enough and we find he's capable of some sense!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Note the truck on the wrong side of the road, and the other truck well out of the correct lane. Are these nongs good drivers or just plain idiots?
c1_974381_160516045210_620x413.jpg
c1_974381_160516045210_620x413.jpg (55.72 KiB) Viewed 760 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Of course, if a U-turn is inconvenient and takes an extra 2 minutes, just drive on the wrong side of the road. Mai pen rai, it's the Thai way. I see it everyday :banghead: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Nereus wrote:Note the truck on the wrong side of the road, and the other truck well out of the correct lane. Are these nongs good drivers or just plain idiots?
c1_974381_160516045210_620x413.jpg
Should at least acknowledge the picture's copyright. And also the article's headline is about not knowing which way to turn. That truck driver is obviously for turning back. :) http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... ew_comment.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Thais go on the road at a very young age with no formal tuition as a result bad habits become entrenched. Many schools do not seem to mind that their students arrive at school on motor bikes without wearing a helmet. Interestingly on a recent visit to Mandaly I noticed that approximately 90% of motor bike riders wore a helmet.