Why do YOU think the Thais are such bad drivers?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Why do YOU think the Thais are such bad drivers?

Post by europtimiste »

Good news: A Brit crushed his Benz in Ch.Mai. Not only a Thai speciality. Knowing the love for large quantities of alcoholic drinks for this nation, it's not surprising.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

europtimiste wrote:Good news: A Brit crushed his Benz in Ch.Mai. Not only a Thai speciality. Knowing the love for large quantities of alcoholic drinks for this nation, it's not surprising.
There are many different types of learners. Unfortunately, I don't think you come under one category, so I'll give you something visual with words. Hopefully this may help.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Good news: europtimiste hasn't ended his wind-up mission, particularly against all Brits.

europtimiste = the best argument I've seen for Brexit.
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think this is what's being referenced above. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 85817.html
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

GLCQuantum and dtaii-maii: This is not only against Brits. It's against all those English language people on this site as they are the majority. All those who think they do better and are allowed to criticize others. As the topic was: Why are Thais bad drivers ? As a driver here since 20 years, I must say that they are good drivers. The problem is lack of basic education. Lack of respect for others, selfishness. But this is Thai education. You can see that in daily life. Not only by driving.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^^
No contradictions in that post..... :?
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Criticism doesn't imply that one could do better. I can be critical of the horrendous Thai railway system without thinking that I could build a better one. I'm a horrible driver and don't bother much anymore, but that doesn't preclude me from criticizing the driving habits of a vast majority of Thai drivers. Accepting criticism is how we can do better. This is especially true when bad habits are culturally ingrained. It takes criticism from outside the culture to expose the reality of narrow thinking.

We don't criticize because we want to put people down but because we sincerely want things to improve.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Ratsima wrote:Criticism doesn't imply that one could do better. I can be critical of the horrendous Thai railway system without thinking that I could build a better one. I'm a horrible driver and don't bother much anymore, but that doesn't preclude me from criticizing the driving habits of a vast majority of Thai drivers. Accepting criticism is how we can do better. This is especially true when bad habits are culturally ingrained. It takes criticism from outside the culture to expose the reality of narrow thinking.

We don't criticize because we want to put people down but because we sincerely want things to improve.
Good post.

:cheers:
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Ratsima: Do you think that a bunch of farang by critisizing will improve the bad habits of 68 million Thais ??? 55555555
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Of course not ----- but that's not the point.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel: If of course not, and it's not the point then what's the point ???? Useless bla bla...?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

europtimiste wrote:HHTel: If of course not, and it's not the point then what's the point ???? Useless bla bla...?
Up to 200 posts now europtimiste! Planning yourself a little party to celebrate interacting with real people for two years?

europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

GLCQuantum: Congratulations. A very useful comment and great ideas to the topic.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

europtimiste wrote:GLCQuantum: Congratulations.
Why, thank you very much.

Why are Thai's bad drivers?

1: Never learnt how to drive.

2: Disregard for anyone but themselves and immediate family (not applicable for 99% of those from the the upper classes - they have been raised properly).

3: No policing on the roads.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

europtimiste wrote:GLCQuantum and dtaii-maii: I must say that they are good drivers. The problem is lack of basic education. Lack of respect for others, selfishness. But this is Thai education. You can see that in daily life. Not only by driving.
If we ignore the compete and utter Ill considered and totally rediculous , non-sensical and contradictory overvew and then focus on the remaining part of europtimiste's post there are some rough gems to be found. This discovery made my day! and confirms the sufficient monkeys with typewriters = the works of Shakespeare

I quote...

1). Lack of basic education
2). Lack of respect for others
3). Selfishness

Even in the darkest places even a dim light might be useful
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain