Reliable Ford Dealers

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
PeteC

Re: Reliable Ford Dealers

Post by PeteC »

You may just have to chuck the warranty BB and roll the dice? From replies on this thread and others, it seems that you'll be able to get good maintenance service at the small shops in HH. The wildcard is if something major goes wrong......feelin' lucky? :D

Indeed, you could wind up in Bangkok or Pattaya. A few people I know take theirs to Pattaya but none sing praises, and none complain too much. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Have a Fiesta and have found Ford to be useless here. There is a problem with the gearbox on the Fiesta which makes it hold onto low gears to long and be jerky, been in many times and I know if they plug in to the ECU a remaps the gearbox... still waiting.
I really want to buy a Focus and if I do it will come from anywhere but Pranburi or Hua Hin. Maybe teh smart bet is a Civic - they dont go wrong.

On the bumper issue for BB, if its so small just get a touch up, or leave it! Its highly likley to be added to in the future... :wink:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

BB..I forgot about your original issue on here..as JW rightly says..try get touched-up,- there are bodyshops around town..I've just had to book my truck in cos someone ran in the side of me (minor damage)..but my insurance company had me go to a place opposite HH high school on the Pala-U Rd..(look for big Valvoline sign, they sell oils also)..this place looks pretty well tuned-in..and if it's good enuf for the insurance companies, they may well do a grand job for you..?? (There is a girlie in the office speaks Tinglish, so that helps).
Best ones.. U.S.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks guys - you're probably right about the bumper. I know the damage is there, but apart from my youngest grand daughter, nobody else sees it (I didn't see it until she pointed it out). However, I've still got to get it serviced somewhere. I'm assuming the warranty will be invalid if I don't use Ford.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Have a day out somewhere maybe Pratchuap or Petburi and get a service done there!!

Been trying Ford Thailand... not easy...... this thread has got my all agitated with the gearbox on teh Fiesta, no reason why i should be driving a car thats not performimg as it should. Want to write to Ford direct... looking for the elusive email address!
Last edited by JW on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Somebody gave me the address during my previous problems - I'll try to dig it out.

Points 48; Position 20
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Think I just found it! Will see if any reply comes...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I couldn't find it anywhere. The best I could find was this on the web, which I will use as my first salvo https://www.secure.ford.co.th/en/contact-us .

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I couldn't find it anywhere. The best I could find was this on the web, which I will use as my first salvo https://www.secure.ford.co.th/en/contact-us .
Damned contact form :cuss:

I composed a lovely complaint, only to be advised 1000 characters maximum. Using MS Word, I hacked my message to bring it under 1000 characters with spaces - same error. I then hacked it to read:
I booked my car in with Hua Hin Ford for it's 10.000 Km service, a new rear bumper and a set of screws to re-fix my bonnet protector ( Ford fit are falling off) for 30 April.

I now know that I’ll be hospitalised on the 30th.

I drove to Ford to re-arrange the work. I was told that I would need to pay 10,000 Baht immediately or the work would not be carried out.

Why, when I originally booked the work, there was no request for money? I needed to put the work back by a couple of days, and it can only be considered if I pay 10,000 Baht up front. That is the same amount I had to pay when ordering a new car.

I was angry.

The purchase of my car was also beset by a string of untruths and disappointment.

This leaves me limited options for getting my car serviced in the future. Ford cannot offer me a complete package.

My car is fantastic, but your support team are abysmal. We have reached a serious impasse.

Please mediate, and advise your recommendations.
I don't actually expect a response.

Points 48; Position 20
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

usual suspect wrote:p.s. BB.. a mate of mine took his Toyota to Petchaburi every time for 3 yrs 'cos of the reputation HH Toyota has!
And I was going to say 'should have bought a Toyota'.

Was not aware Toyota had a bad reputation. Have recently got a car from them and have not had any problems. Serviced at 1000km and they were pretty good. Early days yet I know but past experience with Toyota Cha Am was also very good.

Did a quick search using Toyota + problem and a lot of responses came back but most were problems with other cars and the person had bought a toyota. What problems have people had.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

BB,

Only having skimmed through this thread a couple of things spring to mind

As you are in hospital on the 30th (seem to think it's a special day too :) ) why not drive it there and get them to ferry you to the hospital OR get a fellow ford driver (I know of a couple on the forum who would fit the bill) to drive it there for you?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote: get a fellow ford driver (I know of a couple on the forum who would fit the bill) to drive it there for you?
Are you suggesting Isuzu and Toyota drivers can't drive a Ford...? :? :laugh:
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Are you suggesting Isuzu and Toyota drivers can't drive a Ford...? :? :laugh:
:laugh: Probably right - they wouldn't be used to the larger car :run:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dtaai-maai wrote:
richard wrote: get a fellow ford driver (I know of a couple on the forum who would fit the bill) to drive it there for you?
Are you suggesting Isuzu and Toyota drivers can't drive a Ford...? :? :laugh:
Might be a combination of maturity, manners and road sense :duck: :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard wrote:As you are in hospital on the 30th (seem to think it's a special day too :) ) why not drive it there and get them to ferry you to the hospital OR get a fellow ford driver (I know of a couple on the forum who would fit the bill) to drive it there for you?
My son-in-law could have done it, but I've fallen out with them now. My lower lip is all of a quivver, and I don't want to play with them any more :cry:

Seriously, this fall out has been on the cards for a while. I've fired the first salvo, let's see if they ignore me (as I expect), or contact me. Management there consider themselves hi-so, and aren't interested in customers.

I only wish my original complaint could have got to them.

Points 48; Position 20