Hua Hin Police Traffic Stops

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Police Traffic Stops

Post by Big Boy »

Check with your lawyer? Why not just pay the 300 Baht? It's probably easier, and if my suspicions are right, you're going to have to pay it anyway.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

poosmate wrote:they block the roads as they are dangerous and unstable to operate even at low speed and are unable to keep up with urban speed limits.

I'm not so sure about that. The fastest you're allowed to drive in and around Hua-Hin is 80 km/h (as far as I know), and on most of the town's roads, the limit is considerably lower. I can't speak for all samlors, but I can drive mine at 80 km/h without any problems at all. The only tricky bit is trying to go from 80 to 0 in just two meters when some arrogant fool pulls out in front of you in his big 4x4. Then again, when I drive a car, bike or samlor in Thailand, I expect every driver to pull in front of me. Or another all time favorite.......indicate to show you're going to park, and then suddenly change your mind right at the last minute. :shock:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Dan.constant
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan.constant »

I've been here 3 weeks now and have been pulled about 6 times. My license is Austrian and every time I'm being asked if its international I say yes and argue with them for 5 min. Eventually they let me go. Don't let yourself intimidated be strong on ur position and they'll let you go.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had my strangest stop of all today. Just past Market Village going North, where they're often situated, he stands out in front of me to stop me. I stop, he turns and has a quick chat with his mate, then waves me on. I didn't even put my window down. I guess they know who I am :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Big Boy wrote:I had my strangest stop of all today. Just past Market Village going North, where they're often situated, he stands out in front of me to stop me. I stop, he turns and has a quick chat with his mate, then waves me on. I didn't even put my window down. I guess they know who I am :D
Maybe you looked to intimidating. :D

I’m pretty sure that being recognised by the MIB is not altogether a good thing
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

drink driving stops are happening a lot in the last week, 4 different people I know have all paid the 1000bt get out of jail card
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I have not been stopped personally but my Thai colleagues tell me that in Bangkok even the MIB are asking 3,000 baht or more. Compared with the potential of a 60,000 baht fine and or 6 months imprisonment it still looks like a cheap option for those who are crazy enough to drink and drive
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

so what are the drink driving fines, I have been told by many that it is 8,000bt. 60k seems excessive as the average thai would never afford that and they all drink and drive.

Anyone know the law and correct figures here?
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

The Maximum fine is 60,000 Baht and or 6 months imprisonment. The amount was increased last year in August or September
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

sorry blue5
I meant to post this link
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... ving-urged
sarnie

Post by sarnie »

About time something was done about Drink Driving who do people in Thailand think its ok there is a valid reason why you should not drink drive
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Tea money time outside BKH on Petcha

Well why they don't pitch there 'nick point' after the traffic lights and catch the drivers who ignore the red light? I Reckon they would make enough tea money to retire :roll:

Anyway these cops were looking for drugs as all Thais were subjected to a body search. Why does it take longer to search a young girl? :naughty:
teamoney (669 x 225).jpg
Oh here comes a farang without a helmet. He's gotta have some cash and the silly bar steward starts to argue :banghead: :banghead:
tea money2 (529 x 219).jpg
tea money2 (529 x 219).jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 671 times
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Why does it take longer to search a young girl?
50% more searchable cavities, and you really ought to know that by now ! :D
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Not everyone is corrupted.

A few weeks ago I was stopped by the traffic police on Phetkasem Road just south of HH. Since I only have a Swedish driving license a almost handed over 200 THB when asked for my license.

The officer looked with great interest at my Swedish license and tried to read the Swedish, without much success. After a few questions, he however seemed satisfied, returned the license, wished me a good day and waved me off.

First time without tea money. What is happening to Thailand? :)
buksida

Post by buksida »

Had a funny one yesterday, just past the Sofitel, before the road re-joins Petchkasem.

Two cops pulling bikes ... "motorcycle too loud" ..... :lach:

They must be running out of stupid excuses to pull people here now ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson