Buying a SUV?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
SPONSORS: : Car Rental Hua Hin : Bike Rental Hua Hin : Club Moto
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Buying a SUV?

Post by Dannie Boy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:45 pm

prcscct wrote:^I finally got the same, but in grey which I had to wait for, but was able to lock in the price before the tax went up. What a big difference in so many categories as compared to my previous 2009 Pajero Sport. No pimping this one (much). I'm not even going to change the tires/wheels as they look and ride fine. 18" on it and can go up to 21" per the salesman if you want. The smaller diesel engine is a dream as compared to the knocking, rattling 3.2L that the old one had. Very pleased so far, fingers crossed>. Pete :cheers:
I'm sure the smile will last a long time Pete, it's now nearly 5 months that I've had mine and whilst I don't do many long journeys, it drives so much better than the old model (although mine was the 2.5l diesel). I get at least an additional 100 km on a tankful of diesel compared to the old one and the comfort factor makes it a joy - with my favourite music plugged into the USB port. :cheers:

PeteC

Post by PeteC » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:27 am

Something new on the market. Doesn't look bad at all and BIG for Thailand. All I know about Ssangyong is that they used to own/operate a maritime container factory in Amata industrial estate Chonburi back in the 80's. No idea about their expertise with auto manufacture. Pete :cheers:

All-new SsangYong Rexton revealed for 2017

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/12 ... d-for-2017 (Photos)
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Dannie Boy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:50 am

prcscct wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:27 am
Something new on the market. Doesn't look bad at all and BIG for Thailand. All I know about Ssangyong is that they used to own/operate a maritime container factory in Amata industrial estate Chonburi back in the 80's. No idea about their expertise with auto manufacture. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/12 ... d-for-2017 (Photos)
Visually it looks pretty good Pete, but if it's imported rather than built in Thailand it will face a serious price disadvantage which will limit its appeal against the competition :cheers:

Nereus
Addict
Addict

Post by Nereus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:26 am

They have been on the market for many years in Australia. As noted in the article the diesel version is from Mercedes. Friends had one and the engine was as to be expected, but the auto transmission blew up at a low mileage, and by all reports it was a common fault. The new auto should be a great improvement.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

PeteC

Post by PeteC » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:35 am

^^ I think the article said around 2 million, and I guess that isn't bad if it is indeed that much bigger inside compared to the 1.6 million competition. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

huahin4ever
Professional
Professional

Post by huahin4ever » Tue May 09, 2017 2:51 am

Nice and fancy touch to my Pajero Sport. The blue LED adds a nice touch when enter and exits the car. The illumination is bright enough to appear good even in strong sunlight.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (166.96 KiB) Viewed 249 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (197.32 KiB) Viewed 249 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (199.74 KiB) Viewed 249 times
"Two possibilities exist:
Either we are alone in the universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying."
Arthur C. Clarke

PeteC

Post by PeteC » Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 am

I got them as well when buying mine. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: A little bling is a good thing! :thumb:

12742796-Illustration-of-a-Car-Mascot-Giving-a-Thumbs-Up-Stock-Illustration-car-cartoon-clipart.jpg