Thai motorbike Swat Team in Petchaburi

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Thai motorbike Swat Team in Petchaburi

Post by Nereus »

Coming South through Phetchaburi Town about 11-00am today about 30 "Ninja" types on high powered motorbikes came charging through the the traffic. All of them dressed in black with bright orange/red trim, and full face mask helmets. The bikes were high clearance "trail-bike" types, and at least 250 cc engines. Strange registration plates as well, which I at first thought may have been Malaysian, but maybe Military? Prefixes such as PBX, PLI and similar.

Must say that they were riding like the typical Thai that believes the road is his private playground--waving their arms at the cars with a "slow down" type of gesture as they weaved in and out the 3 lanes of traffic.

Anybody any clues? :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Thai motorbike Swat Team in Petchaburi

Post by ste860 »

they could be malaysian bikers over for the bike festival in pattaya at the weekend ,i saw a good few on friday also
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Yes, I was speaking to somebody earlier today, and that was their opinion also. If so, the pricks need to learn some manners! :guns:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Nereus wrote:Yes, I was speaking to somebody earlier today, and that was their opinion also. If so, the pricks need to learn some manners! :guns:
Yes, these type of bikers are a nuisance; they seem to forget that for the rest of us the road is a transport link and not a toy.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

This is where a Stinger missile would come in handy!
A friend is only one click away
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

and at least 250 cc engines.
So they can't have been going that fast then. From what Buksi has told me that is not exactly a big bike.
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Not really up with whats what with bikes. They were going way to fast in relation to the traffic, I know that.
And I guess the gearing has as much to do with acceleration as the engine size does. They were not what I would call a "touring" bike either, so "speed" is subjective.
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Nureus,

My 'not exactly big' comment was sarcastic. YES, 250's can and do go way too fast for Thai roads. There is not really much point of having them apat from the 'looking cool' factor.
buksida

Post by buksida »

E-Dork wrote:
and at least 250 cc engines.
So they can't have been going that fast then. From what Buksi has told me that is not exactly a big bike.
Since you have bought my name into this thread with another sarcastic remark allow me to retort.

On the the scale of production bikes available a 250 is a relatively small engine, especially compared to some of the fine rides that were displayed at the 2010 Hua Hin Bike Week.

Because we're not all knocking on heavens door some of us may enjoy riding a slightly larger and more stable machine than the 100cc machines commonly available to those going to the market for a bag of spuds. This does not make us irresponsible, foolhardy, or vain, if anything a larger frame, engine and brakes would make for a safer ride than the chicken chokers that swarm the streets of Hua Hin.

:offtopic: Anyway, I digress - back to the Swat team ... who probably did look very cool on their big bikes and would have looked like right muppets on Honda Finos!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Because we're not all knocking on heavens door
And maybe I'm actually 27 years old but like to post as an old man to laugh over the different reaction I get in comparison to my other user name. :mrgreen:
buksida

Post by buksida »

E-Dork wrote: And maybe I'm actually 27 years old but like to post as an old man to laugh over the different reaction I get in comparison to my other user name. :mrgreen:
If that is the case duplicate accounts are not permitted and you come under the definition of troll so should be banned. :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

E-Dork wrote:
There is not really much point of having them apat from the 'looking cool' factor.
Why? There some excellent roads in Thailand for those who want a day out on their bikes. In fact, you can have a better day out on a bike in Thailand than you can in the UK, and of course, you can go for a spin almost any day of the year.

If big bikes are just about looking cool, then I would think the same applies to big cars. Why on earth do you need a 3 liter 4wd pick up that uses enough fuel to feed 20 bikes, and which takes up half the road?

Not that I'm against big cars mind you. I'm just saying, just as most people want a nice car, some of us appreciate a nice bike as well.
:neener:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Takiap wrote:
E-Dork wrote:
Not that I'm against big cars mind you. I'm just saying, just as most people want a nice car, some of us appreciate a nice bike as well.
:neener:
You better bloody not be either, or I will come around with mine and push your fence down! :rasta: :neener:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I think dual/ghost accounts might be more of a common occurrence than many realise, not that it's any of my business BTW, just observational like.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

I don't think there should be dual accounts either, it encourages cowardly posts via hiding behind another username...

But big bikes doing there thing through traffic are cool, as long as they don't over-do it...

250cc is perfect for city riding. They can go pretty fast! The new CBR will hit 160 kph no problem from what feedback I've been getting...

I ride a 400cc bike and that's pretty heavy for nipping through the middle etc...