Mitsibushi Pajero

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Mitsibushi Pajero

Post by Spitfire »

Resale value is also something to consider. Toyota/Isuzu seem to be the "in" brands so you'd probably get better resale offers for them but Mitsubishi is catching up in the fashion stakes.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

prcscct wrote:

Depends how you like to drive. I'm a maniac and love power :shock: , and I certainly get it with the 3.2 turbo. I'm up to 100K in about 5 seconds which is pretty good for a truck, and passing power is readily there when you need it. Anyway, you'll save money on the purchase price and on fuel if you go for the 2.5 2WD. See below link for base prices of the different models. Al models only come with automatic transmissions though. :(
wow ! 100k in 5 seconds ? not sure you have a standard mitsu engine in there :-)

just to add to the debate, Fortuner has multi-link rear suspension, which is not the same as the standard Vigo (leaf ?). If ever you try to carry around a ton of tiles in the back you will see the back drop a lot further than it would on the vigo ! downside is that the headlights cannot be manually altered up/down, which with the ton of tiles in the back is very annoying for the birds....
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

fft100 wrote:wow ! 100k in 5 seconds ? not sure you have a standard mitsu engine in there :-)
That's with a tail wind and a pack of soi dogs chasing me. :laugh: I never really timed it but it's well under 10 for sure. I just this moment got back from the airport and on the motorway I was cruising at 130 without knowing it. It does cruise quietly and smoothly very well and you begin to forget your speed. I have a cocked up odometer vs GPS speed though as I changed from 16 to 18" wheels. OD says 134 and GPS says 130. It seems to be 4KPH off at all speed levels. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
chrisdaejeon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by chrisdaejeon »

Thanks for all the great input. I visited the Mitsibushi showroom who had told me they had cars in stock but when I went not even one for a test drive. I got them to do a valuation on my D-max and it was too low ended up buying a Honda Civic. I know it's not an PPV or SUV but my wife is happy as she can drive it so we save money by not having two cars at this time. Again thanks for all the great input it was much appreciated.