Expat Car Dealer in BKK

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Expat Car Dealer in BKK

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi all,

Have been looking at buying a new car some time this year, and have found a dealer in BKK who sells to expats.

The name is Expat Motors located on Sukumvit soi 103. http://www.expatmotors.co.th

Has anyone heard of them, or better still bought a vehicle from them. Or knows of a good dealer in or near to HH.

I am looking to buy a new Honda City Auto, it looks as if new car prices are comparible with used prices, so I know what I would go for. 8)
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Expat Car Dealer in BKK

Post by pitsch »

I first looked at used cars. But the price for a 1 year old Honda Jazz was about the same as a new car, payed by cash. I assume the new car prices are about the same in BKK and Hua Hin, but you must always try to bargain a little for extras.
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

Three to four year old European cars are sometime found at bargain prices at Taladrod. European cars tend to be better maintained by Thai owners than Japanese cars.

http://www.taladrod.com/w2/Search/TLSch2.aspx

This is a Thai web page but with the help of Google Translator it is possible to do thorough searches. I have lately bought two low mileage, one previous owner, second hand cars for myself and my wife. One is a Volvo V70 (33,000 km for under one million) and the second is a VW Passat (59,000 km for 560,000) with diesel engine. We are very satisfied with both cars.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

In answer to the OP, Expat Motors have been in business for some time. I have not personally dealt with them, but from what I hear they are genuine enough.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks for the input guys,

Will be in BKK next month so will try to get to visit Expat Motors to check what they have in the way of cars, still very tempted to buy brand new though, also not sure about buying from the Honda dealer in HH, have heard bad press about them.
Poe

Post by Poe »

I just bought a new Honda City last weekend from this dealership: http://www.honda.co.th/en/dealer_networ ... alerId=161

The saleswomens name was "Cat".
In my previous life I was a buyer, and the art of negotiating has stayed with me.
The dealer above had the best deal.
Got the SV for 694K as listed but got all of the options for free.
The main one which I wanted was leather seats. Most other dealers were charging 15K-20K....I got it for free.
Cat was very nice, straightforward, and involved no bullsh*t...exactly how I like a salesperson (ESPEACIALLY a car one) to be.
She is also coming to Hua Hin next weekend and said she would take us out to dinner and check to see how we are doing with the new car.
When Chuck Norris does a push up, he isn't pushing himself up, he is pushing the earth down.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Same experience for me when I was looking to buy Honda Jazz. Used prices were too close to new prices so went with new.

Bought from Honda Hua Hin and have been impressed with their service. Don't understand who and why some others have had problems there. I had them replace tint on windshield 3 times before they got it right but certainly no problems getting them to correct it (small area that kept starting to peal off). Car has been serviced 2 times and very quick and reasonable prices. Salesman came to house with demo car to make everything easy. Lots of options thrown in though don't know what advantage the rear spoiler is. Had to purchase mud flaps as I found them more functional. Wish I had known in the beginning. Very pleased with the whole transaction at Hua Hin Honda.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Leather seats may well give you a VERY warm reception !!

The problem with Honda Hua Hin is not the service which is first class it is just that you can get a much better purchase deal at Honda Pranburi. I paid Bht 30,000 less and also had extras worth another Bht20,000. I sat in Honda Hua Hin with the phone to Pranburi on and they were not interested - the girl offered Bht1,500 ( yes one thousand five hundred) after going away for 15 minutes !!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

OK thanks everyone,

Will take a trip to the dealer in Pranburi, dont recall it last time we went through the town, but presume its on the main drag, is that right Pet?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Yes Honda are on the left hand side as you enter the town past Tesco.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

OK thanks for that Pet, will check it out. :cheers: