Mini Van Crash

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Vital Spark wrote: I guess they just trundle along blissfully unaware of what's going on around them. I wish I could be more like them, but I just can't... :( VS
And here you have the crux of the matter! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

The laissez-faire groove of Thailand is the elixur that brought us out here don't forget! :D
JAJA

Post by JAJA »

My driving style is a mix of Thai and Indonesian with the added bonus that the sports truck weighs in at about 3 tons. Quite frankly I cannot stand Australian driving, road rules and policing. I feel quite at home on the Thai roads. Mrs J cannot stand my driving style in Australian, but she doesn’t have the same degree of disquiet in Thailand, perhaps because I am not the odd one out and she refuses to drive in Thailand.
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

This crash involved some very close friends of my bro inlaw, and fortunately he was not with them because my mum in-law is here in Aus with us looking after our newborn daughter.

One of the passengers who died sold meatballs on sticks at the front of my mum in-laws shop. He was an only child and this is truly terrible for his mother. The other fellow regularly came around to drink with my bro in-law.

My wife read three papers and each had a different story, so to set this straight...

They were out celebrating a friends birthday who had recently had a baby boy so he did not follow them afterwards, this tragedy was the cause of drink driving late at night after a party.

I know this driver and have used his service once from Don Muang to Hua Hin.

The car was LPG and caught fire killing two passengers who were trapped. The driver was freed by a security guard who could not free the others.

I drive an LPG Ford Falcon here in Australia and they have reinforced steel and are highly regulated. I would NOT go near this in a place as unregulated as Thailand.

There are two different fittings:
The Dual Fuel system which is a petrol engine modified to take LPG also (crap)
The dedicated LPG engine designed for LPG (which I run)

The dedicated is a superior version with more torque and much cleaner fuel. Some of these cars hit 1 million k's as taxis.