Vigo is now Revo

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
PeteC

Vigo is now Revo

Post by PeteC »

Here's the new model Toyota pick up, the Revo. The new Fortuner is due out in June. No clue yet what it looks like. Pete

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/56 ... and-prices
phpe1eYtGAM.jpg
phpe1eYtGAM.jpg (74.3 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: Vigo is now Revo

Post by Terry »

prcscct wrote:.......................No clue yet what it looks like. Pete..............
Probably the same as the truck - but with a bit of metal stuck on the back.............. :butt: :run:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well, on the surface the Revo looks no different to the Vigo. I think auto manufacturers should start hiring more creative designers. At present, virtually all makes look very similar, and rather boring. It would be nice to see some bold cosmetic design changes, with the Nissan Juke being one such example.

No wonder I'm so passionate about my Saleng. :laugh: :laugh:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I agree. The Ford Ranger still tops my list of good looks, with the Isuzu pick-up coming in second. The remainder including the above aren't exciting at all. The interior of this new Revo looks interesting though. More like a high priced sedan. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes Pete, I was actually going to mention that I also think the Ford Ranger is currently the best looking pickup on the roads here, and yes, Isuzu firmly in second place.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Agreed on both... The Ranger gets my vote too....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

S'funny some of you are mentioning the Ford Ranger here...
..The lower black grille on this new Rivo smacks of the front-end of the Ford SUVs..which in turn comes from Ford's link with Aston Martin...so Toyota mimic a Ford motor's look to compete with them..mm?
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

usual suspect wrote:S'funny some of you are mentioning the Ford Ranger here...
..The lower black grille on this new Rivo smacks of the front-end of the Ford SUVs..which in turn comes from Ford's link with Aston Martin...so Toyota mimic a Ford motor's look to compete with them..mm?
I have a black grill on my Hilux Turbo Sportiva, been around for some time.

Think the Ranger is a beautiful motor and was one of my options. My decision to buy a Toyota was based on a few things, one being about 'after sale service'. I spoke to many guys and it appeared that service on Toyota is first class in any town in Thailand, Ford's reach may be ok in certain places but it's coverage is still not as extensive as Toyota although my own thoughts are that may not be an issue in a few more years.