Thai driving license in Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Driving license

Post by Big Boy »

It's a lot harder to find while the 2nd set of traffic lights are disabled, and the central reservation closed. Not helpful I know, but I couldn't tell you the way while the road is being repaired.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Driving license

Post by HHTel »

Also without a Thai driving licence, there can be problems with insurance. Lots of insurance companies insist on a Thai licence.
raeside3
Amateur
Amateur

We did it - Drivers License

Post by raeside3 »

:tsk:
It took ALL day but we now have brand new Thai Drivers Licenses. Thanks to this forum it was relatively easy. First went to Immigration to register residency status. For your info if you are going for car and bike license you have to tell immigration because you need 2 stamped forms. Had previously gone to Dr for medical certificate. Once again need 2 if you drive a car and ride a bike. We photo copied EVERYTHING a thousand times (photo copying done in basement of Market Billage. FOUND Pranbury Pilice licensing at 11 they now shut for lunch from 11.30 to 1. We just went to Tescos for lunch because after checking our docs needed another photo copy so had to go back. Because we both have international licenses just had to do a quick test on when 2 metal bars were inline and what colour the tragic lights were. We were then given our temporary licenses which are now for 2 years.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: We did it - Drivers License

Post by Khundon1975 »

raeside3 :) Well done in passing the Thai test.

Watch out for those "Tragic lights", some of them are real LuLu's. :wink:

:thumb:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.