Da Vinci international school Hua Hin

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
gleffrey
Novice
Novice

Re: Da Vinci international school Hua Hin

Post by gleffrey »

nellyp wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:54 pm The school is now up and running. The website is still under development, but far improved. The fees have also been adjusted (scholarships for the first students which are locked in), and the first phase has been completed; so it has all the necessary buildings for kindergarten and primary classes. It will start with those, and once the second phase is completed for next year (2017) it will accept secondary students too.

It has an open day tomorrow starting at 12:30

[Admin edit: schools in Thailand are businesses so ...]
Can I ask what your relationship to the school is?

I can't help but feel uneasy with a school offering scholarships 'for the first students' rather than being based on academic merit. That sounds more like a discount to get people to come.

I actually visited this school when we were planning a few months back and left rather unimpressed. Nothing to do with the complete lack of facilities, but more the information I was provided with and unprofessionalism. Will write a review when time permits as now it's nearly 3AM here and time to his the sack.
sun131
Novice
Novice

Re: da vinci international school hua hin

Post by sun131 »

GLCQuantum wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:44 am If they can get enough children in. Imagine having David Cameron (along with his 'people skills') as the headmaster of your child's school. That's how it will be. Achieving a Masters at Oxford and PHD at Cambridge (something like that anyway) - the man's a demi-god, looking down from above at all us mere mortals. Criticism or concerns will be squashed and suggestions scoffed at with a pompous chortle.

If that's your thing... go for it

I can't believe that they'll only be paying 40,000 baht a month though. I'd have thought it would be somewhere between 80,000 -120, 000.
Salaries continue to go backwards...It really is a sad state of affairs for 'teachers'!

Schools are just getting greedier by the day........
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Da Vinci international school Hua Hin

Post by Spitfire »

One of the problems is that these schools/unis/colleges are basically businesses (often family or religious ones) so good luck with the knowing the priorities of them....it's all about paying bums-on-seats....not educational excellence. They don't care for salaries in most places as they see their teachers mostly as factory workers or minions/peons that are simply there to do whatever they are told.

A lot of foreign teachers have bailed for greener pastures....guess they don't want them here now as they have made it much more difficult to stay.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol