Masters of the English language

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Masters of the English language

Post by Takiap »

Hey guys, are any of you qualified English teachers - that is, teaching English to English speaking people. If not, do any of you have a really strong grasp English grammar?

Could really do with a bit of help regarding a stupid bloody grammar test.....lol.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: Masters of the English language

Post by Vital Spark »

How can I help you Mr. Tagiap? I've been teaching for a few years, so have a pretty good understanding of the lingo.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

It depends on what areas your test is focused on Takiap. I would be happy to help free of charge by email, phone or skype but I would need to know what areas of grammar you will be tested on and also, and more importantly , how much time do you have to aquire the said area of grammar. Let me know anyways.

If it's a general grammar course, about 2 hours everyday for a year should cut it. If you can focus on a certain area a few hours a day for a week will have you fly by.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I have a masters in redneck American English... can I help? :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

Takiap wrote: teaching English to English speaking people.
hhfarang wrote:I have a masters in redneck American English... can I help? :D
Sorry, young man, you're not qualified. :D
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Bet y'all got purty lips :naughty:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Thanks for all the replies and offers people. I decided to have confidence in myself and went ahead and did the test/exam.....................passed with 75.8% :thumb:

BTW...the test/exam was part of a writing course :shock:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You're from SA, they do speak English there, don't they? :wink: :P Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source