ESL in Thailand

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

ESL in Thailand

Post by Hobiecat »

We've been looking for a 6-8 hour a day ESL program in Thailand for the last two years and haven't been able to find one. Surprisingly AUA in BKK doesn't seem to offer an all day course either? My buddy there who helped put together the English-Thai program in 1984 doesn't have an answer for me either? Has anyone found a decent 6-8 hour a day ESL program for an adult either here in HH or in BKK? (preferably BKK) Seems English is still not high on the education list of academic's here in the LOS? :shock:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Re: ESL in Thailand

Post by bapak »

Our experience is that it is fairly hard to get an adult to sit still for more than 3 hours (and that is with a 10 minute break every 50 minutes)... and has for 5 days, fairly impossible.

We do get the odd person that wants long study perios but mostly this is on a 1 on 1 basis (expensive).

Give us an idea of the student... Thai to learn English?? ... Age, etc.

Your mention a preference for BKK. Our sister school in BKK has classes that may be suitable.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Re: ESL in Thailand

Post by Hobiecat »

Thanks I'll pm you.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?