Set the record straight - The Learning Centre

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Set the record straight - The Learning Centre

Post by bapak »

A number of people have asked who are the people involved at The Learning Centre, etc. Why was it "in limbo". Some inquiries have been PM’s and some have been offensive (but we know where these have come from). During the period we were "in limbo”, we had overwhelming support from former students, people who just know us, and from people who we have never met.
So here we will put the record straight… being very careful considering Thailand’s strict libel laws.
My wife, Sinsook Chirachant (see: http://learningcentre.co.th/aboutus.html), with another Thai lady, opened The Language Centre (TLC) 2 years ago. My wife developed all the curriculums, management system, etc. The other partner was responsible for marketing.
In April, Sinsook, opened a computer training school, The Learning Centre, located in the same building as TLC. There are no partners.
In July, Sinsook resigned as manager and director of TLC due to irreconcilable differences with her partner. She still owns half of the shares. Most of the TLC staff followed her to work in the new school. Must emphasize that they followed… they were not enticed.
Sinsook then added languages to the courses available at the computer school and applied for the necessary license from the Ministry of Education. This process normally takes 3-4 weeks.
After waiting several months for the license, we heard that it was held up due to a person making frivolous complaints such as.. “cannot have 2 schools in same building”… These complaints require the Ministry to form a committee to investigate. As soon as one committee investigated and found “no cause”, another complaint was made… and so on, and on. Finally the Ministry had enough and has now issued the license.
After 4-5 months of paying rent, staff, etc., and not receiving revenue (except for 7 students), the business is now operating normally. We are poorer but much richer in experience.
As for me, I am an old worn out commercial pilot who sits in the background giving advice and assistance where needed. And keeping a wary eye out for the Tourist Police after being dobbed in and prosecuted despite having a WP.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Set the record straight - The Learning Centre

Post by Spitfire »

Can't trust anyone really Bapak, screw them all, sustain the damage and move on, you're still here and operating, even if much wiser, start building again.

It takes a lot of time to establish a successful business in this area of endeavour, especially with the Thai bullshit 'handbags' going on everywhere. Once you go business style then it's 'all bets off' for everything, case of 'watch your back Jack'.

Why didn't you go down the road of company style 51% for your MRs and 49% for you? Why did you involve the other bird on that level? Don't have to respond man.

Keep on going and stick with it. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about.

Well done for being straight up. Good luck. :cheers:

Sorry, much of this might have no place on the open forum so no worries if you would rather not reply, understood, maybe my questions were to 'close to the metal', so to speak, and are really none of my business.

However, just wanted to say whatever and reply Bapak........

.......no reply necessary though from you man, I understand.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Set the record straight - The Learning Centre

Post by bapak »

"Why didn't you go down the road of company style 51% for your MRs and 49% for you? Why did you involve the other bird on that level?"

Sorry. Slightly misleading... it was 49% / 49% /2%. The 2% is a totally impartial person. The other 49% was made on the recommendation from a friend. The friend now is so embarrassed that they hide when the see us coming.

Enough said.