[ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by bapak »

James Higbie’s Essential Thai now available
This popular beginning level Thai language book has been out of print since the demise of the book division of Post Publishing (Bangkok Post) almost ten years ago.

The book has been reissued in its original A4 format and includes standard sized CDs for pronunciation.
Essential Thai is a complete learning package for those who want to acquire basic working skills in the Thai language, quickly and efficiently. Freshly updated and back by popular demand, Essential Thai includes a CD ROM with MP-3 audio files to introduce the student to Thai pronunciation and beginning phrases.

Focused completely on developing practical language skills, Essential Thai introduces conversation and grammar, commonly used vocabulary and how to read Thai script in a logical, graduated, manner.

Now available at The Learning Centre for Baht 895. Yes, a little pricy but have never heard a purchaser complaining as to its value. To order, email your contact details to: info@learningcentre.co.th Please put "Essential Thai" in the subject line.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Pleng wrote:Hi thanks for your offer but seeing as I am in the UK it's a fair distance to travel for a sample! :D

I have recently been in email contact with Donald getting information and while I am keen to be learning with you, the course times could be a little promblematic.
Pleng, go to:
http://learningcentre.co.th/files/lovethai/menu.swf
Which is a good place to start...
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

First or Second Floor

Post by bapak »

Perhaps in the wrong place but I am sure Mod will move if necessary.

We have facilities on both the ground floor and the next floor up in our building.
Problem is that people from some parts of the World will say that the next next floor up from the Ground Floor is the First Floor and others will say the Second Floor. Then then again, some will say that the Ground Floor is the the First Floor.

At present we advertise:
Sirada - The Learning Centre
Ground and Second Floor.
Wongchomsin Building

And some people will come along and say: "Don't you mean the First Floor

Or should we play it safe and say: Street Level and the Floor above Street level?

What is the consensus?
moja
Guru
Guru

Re: First or Second Floor

Post by moja »

Ground and first floor.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Ground and next floor up :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

A little surprised that this topic was moved to this area. It really has nothing to do with Education.
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

bapak wrote:A little surprised that this topic was moved to this area. It really has nothing to do with Education.
On the contrary! It is our duty to educate our colonial and European friends that the level above the ground floor is correctly called the first floor! :laugh:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

migrant wrote:Ground and next floor up :cheers:
That's OK if you've only got two floors - what do you call the next floor though? :wink:

The Thais, to their eternal discredit, use the US system. If you seriously want opinions on this issue :shock: I'd say it really doesn't matter, but stick firmly with one or the other.

Oh, and make sure the fire brigade know, just in case you get stuck on the 3rd (or 4th) floor...
This is the way
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

dtaai-maai wrote:That's OK if you've only got two floors - what do you call the next floor though?
The top floor :twisted:
no more dePreston
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Huahinian wrote:On the contrary! It is our duty to educate our colonial and European friends that the level above the ground floor is correctly called the first floor! :laugh:
The UK & Europe do use 'ground & first floor', it's North Amercia that uses 'first & second floors', or have I misunderstood you!?

Bapak wrote:What is the consensus?
I'd say that if there is the mention of 'ground floor' then neither 'camp' would be confused about the floors, despite one camp considering the description to be wrong :D

:cheers:
SJ
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

Super Joe wrote:
Huahinian wrote:On the contrary! It is our duty to educate our colonial and European friends that the level above the ground floor is correctly called the first floor! :laugh:
The UK & Europe do use 'ground & first floor', it's North Amercia that uses 'first & second floors', or have I misunderstood you!?

Perhaps I should have used ground level instead of ground floor. Sorry for the confusion.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Super Joe wrote:

Bapak wrote:What is the consensus?
I'd say that if there is the mention of 'ground floor' then neither 'camp' would be confused about the floors, despite one camp considering the description to be wrong :D

:cheers:
SJ
Actually, the Ground Floor gives us no problem. The problem is describing the next floor up from the Ground Floor. Perhaps the First Level above the Ground Floor,
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

The Learning Centre now have a large stock of books for sale from Asia Books / Orchid Press / Silkworm Books. If not in stock, we can normally obtain within 3 days.
There are a number of dictionaries available such as Thai and Swedish/ Norwegian/ Danish/ Italian/ English/ German.
The stand is just inside our Ground Floor Office door.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

For interested locals, The Learning Centre represents Go Study Australia (www.gostudyaustraliua.co.th) in Hua Hin/Cha Am area. English Language Schools, Vocational Colleges and Universities available in all parts of Australia. For details: info@learningcentre.co.th
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Sirada - The Learning Centre now has a new Facebook page

Post by bapak »

Sirada - The Learning Centre now has a new Facebook page, giving a new way to see our latest announcements, events and photos. It is also a great place to be able to share your photos and comments with others. If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to 'Like' us on Facebook.

Not yet on Facebook? You are still able to view the page by clicking on: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sirada-Th ... 8945099724