[ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by bapak »

Sirada - The Learning Centre will be having their End of Year Party on Friday, 20/12/13, at the school from 10.40 to 15.00.
Student, ex students, their spouses or close friends are invited.
Please email axe@learningcentre.co.th if you plan on attending.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

For the benefit of anyone that may be interested in such mundane information, our student mix is from the following countries:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cambodia, Canada, China, Congo, Croatia, Denmark, Eire, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kenya, Liberia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Mozambique, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Russian, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., Ukraine, USA, Vietnam.

Majority are from UK, Germany and Scandinavian. More than half live in the Hua Hin community.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thailand? :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Big Boy wrote:Thailand? :?
I should have made it clear that this was foreign student only.

Yes, we have Thailand students, both adults and kids. Not as many as we would like, as I have previously stated.

Hua Hin people do not have any interest in foreign language. My dear wife said that the locals say this is the "king's town" so we do not have to learn languages. I probably agree. You go down the road to Pranburi and there is a waiting list to get into English classes. The same in Cha Am and Petchaburi.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just thought I'd mention it because my son is Thai :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Big Boy wrote:Just thought I'd mention it because my son is Thai :wink:
And an excellent student at that.
But his attitude has not yet changed from UK upbringing to being a Hua Hin local.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's good :D In the same way as I'll always be a Plymouthian (left in 1982), I hope he never forgets his roots.

Points 41; Position 18
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Sirada - The Learning Centre is pleased to announce that we will be opening a branch in Pranburi this November. The premises are centrally located in Pranburi City with good access and parking space. The building is at present being fitted out.

We will be teaching both Thai and English, and Education Visa will be available for those qualified.

Full details and map will be available in about 2 weeks.

If you would like more details or enrolment, email: pranburi@learningcentre.co.th
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Hi Bapak - I'm sure this has been discussed/asked previously (so apologies in advance), but with changes being made by the army "regime", what are the requirements now to qualify for an "Education Visa"? Are there restrictions on age/status etc.? I assume it's a 1 year visa?

Also, I understand/was sure I had read that you have a "sister school" somewhere near Pranburi - is this correct, or has the Hua Hin school moved? Or then again, am I completely mistaken??!! :oops:

Thanks in advance.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:Hi Bapak - I'm sure this has been discussed/asked previously (so apologies in advance), but with changes being made by the army "regime", what are the requirements now to qualify for an "Education Visa"? Are there restrictions on age/status etc.? I assume it's a 1 year visa?

Also, I understand/was sure I had read that you have a "sister school" somewhere near Pranburi - is this correct, or has the Hua Hin school moved? Or then again, am I completely mistaken??!! :oops:

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe that you didn't read the post immediately above yours where it clearly states that TLC re opening a centre in Pranburi?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote:
pharvey wrote:Hi Bapak - I'm sure this has been discussed/asked previously (so apologies in advance), but with changes being made by the army "regime", what are the requirements now to qualify for an "Education Visa"? Are there restrictions on age/status etc.? I assume it's a 1 year visa?

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe that you didn't read the post immediately above yours where it clearly states that TLC re opening a centre in Pranburi?
Christ, blind tw@t that I am.... :oops:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Thanks in advance.

Hi Peter.. Have not noticed you around much lately... or perhaps I have not been looking hard enough.

Ed Visa requirements in real terms have not really changed a lot. The problem is, as always, every Thai Consulate seem to make their own rules on requirements. In the main, we provide documents that generally satisfies them with the exception of Singapore. Singapore require 5 hours per day for 5 days in the week. That makes about 1,300 hours for the year. Just the cost of this makes it impossible for prospective students.

Also, just to clear up a misconception.... I am speaking as far as Sirada- The Learning Centre is
concerned. Many people comment that young people come just to get a visa. The vast majority of our students are over 40 years of age... they are mostly studying Thai (or in some cases, English) as they are planning on Retirement here, or are married to a Thai and have no plans to live elsewhere.

Re Pranburi. No, we have not moved our base in Hua Hin. Pranburi is a branch. Located in a new building and at present being fitted out. Planned opening is 01 November. Full details soon, but will be offering same program as at our Hua Hin school.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

LEARN THAI LANGUAGE WITH COOKING

Post by bapak »

Sirada - The Learning Centre will be offering Thai Language Classes with Cooking lesson from November... see: http://learningcentre.co.th/img/Adv4_Eng.pdf
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

interesting, will become "Taste Learn Cook" then
very good idea what will be the cost for these lessons ? and can anyone join in ?
:party:
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Cost is Baht 2,500 and yes, anyone can join... Contact: http://learningcentre.co.th/img/Adv4_Eng.pdf