Montessori nursery in Hua Hin or area

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Annika
Novice
Novice

Montessori nursery in Hua Hin or area

Post by Annika »

Hi there :wink:

I am a qualified Montessori teacher and I would like to open a Montessori school/ Kindergarden in the Hua Hin Area, because I think with the developing infra-structure/ business oportunities for foreigners in Thailand, and close to Bangkok, this is a good area to start. The School would be for little ones. 8 months to 5/6 years old and mainly taught in English.My husband an I have been to Thailand several times on holiday, we are currently living with our little boy ( 14 months ) in the UK and I need to do a little research. My question is to all of you expats and Thai citizens : do you think that there will be people who whould like to send their children to an English speaking Montessori School ?Any response would be absolutely welcome, because you live in Hua Hin and I need to get an idea.

Thanks
Annika
Last edited by Annika on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Montessori nursery in Hua Hin or area

Post by Nereus »

Annika wrote:Hi there :wink:

I am a qualified Montessori teacher and I would like to open a Montessori school/ Kindergarden in the Hua Hin Area, because I think with the developing infra- structure/ business orportunities for foreigners in Thailand, and close to Bangkok, this is a good area to start. The School would be for little ones. 8 months to 5/6 years old and mainly taught in English.My husaband an I have been to Thailand several times on holiday, we are currently living with our little boy ( 14 months ) in the UK and I need to do a little research. My question is to all of you expats and Thai citizens : do you think that there will be peolpe who whould like to send their children to a English speaking Montessori School ?Any response would be absolutely welcome, because you live in Hua Hin and I need to get an idea.

Thanks
Annika
I think that the demographics are all wrong. There is a very limited expat population in Hua Hin that have Kindergarten age children for a start. Most of the Thais would just give you a blank look!

There is a very good Montessori Pre-School in Bangkok, and the Franchise owner has to support the business with his other business interests, despite having quite a good enrollment.

PS. Before somebody else jumps on you, it may be a good idea to spell check some of your English. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
yabz

Post by yabz »

I think that a Montessori school would do very well if it catered to Thais as well as foreigners ie the sort of parents who send their kids to Yamsaad. This would mean employing some Thai staff. There isn't a good nursery in Hua Hin at the moment.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Annika :D

Welcome to the forum.

Though what you propose is a good idea, you may need to do a bit more research of the population in Hua Hin, to establish whether you can set up a viable business.

Then there is the question of permits, visas, premises etc. It won't be easy, but I wish you luck.

:thumb:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
greg1977
Novice
Novice

Post by greg1977 »

Hi Annika,

Could you please tell us if your project is in progress now ? Or what do you do instead ?
We are thinking about living in Hua Hin and really interested in Montessori nursery for our daughter.
Thank you
Greg
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

You would be required to have a licence from the Ministry of Education and for this you must be a Thai National and have at least a B.A.
greg1977
Novice
Novice

Post by greg1977 »

Ok, so Annika wasn't able to open the school except if she had a thai associate.
I was wondering where I would leave between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai. This will help me to take a decision. Thanks.
dujdao_r@hotmail.com
Novice
Novice

Post by dujdao_r@hotmail.com »

Dear Khun Annika

I'm the mother of 2 children living in Huahin right now.
I'm very interested in Montessori school.

This is my email: dujdao_r@hotmail.com

We may find the way to work together at some points
Thanks
Dujdao
mariad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mariad »

If there is one, i would definitely send my kid to this sort of setup.
HarleBen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HarleBen »

This one is nice!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Do note that this thread is seven years old and the OP only has one post..
วินเชนท์