New International School opening in Hua Hin July 2009

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
faq2mfh

Post by faq2mfh »

Very interesting points have been made. The main question being asked is how much. My family and I have been residing in Singapore for the past year. We still maintain our home in Hua Hin and plan to move back at some point but the big question is which school for our son?
He attended Somtawin for Kindergarten 1-2-3. Lot’s of problems with that school including safety… Horrible management, huge turnovers etc…
Our son attends one of the many International schools in Singapore. They are all very good and have teachers are from all over. Minimum requirements for teachers being a Masters Degree and most have Doctrines in their field. They are well compensated. All this comes at a hefty price. I pay upwards (equivalent) 400,000baht per year. And my son is only in grade 2… But it's not just the teachers it's the whole package or organazation that's has to be good.
Bottom line is the bottom line....
Isis
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin International School opening July 2009

Post by Isis »

Has anybody of the hua hin expats information about this new school?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think it was an idea some investors were planning, but when they looked at the land prices where they wanted the school to be, they changed their minds and left town.
Isis
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin International school opening July 2009

Post by Isis »

Thank you for your reply. However, their website is still indicating school supposed to open July 2009. Can anybody confirm that this project is not going ahead.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I hope you can get a positive response from someone else, but I don't think their website has changed since it was originally listed last August (including no pricing or location information) and there have been no posts from the original poster/promoter of the school since last August.

I know for a fact that there were investors in town at that time with a plan for a school like this and that they spent three or four weeks looking for a suitable location and found the land costs to be too high.

Whether this is the same group, or just a timing coincidence, I can't guarantee but I suspect this was them and the school was scrapped. :(

I suggest you try contacting them through their website and see if you get a response...
Isis
Novice
Novice

International School Hua Hin opening July 2009

Post by Isis »

Thank you so much for your valuable information.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: International School

Post by Khundon1975 »

borodave wrote:Has anyone any more details of this school - I contatced the email but have not had a response.
Hi borodave :)

They still haven't replied to any of my e-mails either. :?

Beginning to wonder if this school will ever materialise.

:(
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

This proposed venture is "PIE IN THE SKY".
There is not a sufficient number of students in Hua-Hin to make this viable.
Having been 'involved' with one of the private schools in Hua-Hin I can assure you that a significant number of students, at that school, would fail any entrance exam to get into a 'proper' international school.
Reading ages of 7 and 8 are common for 10 and 11 years old students!
I submitted a 'brief' comment on the Thai educational system to "The Nation", in response to the question why were Thai students performing poorly in the international arena, which was published last December.
The only consideration, when implementing these 'private' schools, is profit.
As a parent I have had to make a painful decision.
I have removed my child from any Thai 'educational' influence.
She is being home schooled at present and will receive a western education from 11 onwards. Second rate 'international', bi-lingual, MEP etc.etc. schools in Thailand are a waste of money and time.

Forgive the rant and straying, slightly, off topic.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I had a good, long :rant: about this very subject aswell nanyang on page 2 of this thread.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

Thank you.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

[quote="nanyang"]This proposed venture is "PIE IN THE SKY".
quote]

:D Hi nanyang

I feared as much, thanks for the info and can I echo Spitfire and say welcome to the forum.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
jimflan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jimflan »

didn't think anywhere could make English schools look good but ...
rig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rig »

What options are there for educating a 13 year old girl around HH ?
periwinkle
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin International School - Update Please

Post by periwinkle »

I have been looking at the website for the school and there is still very little info.

I have tried to contact via the website, fax, and email, and yet no reply.

Has it been confirmed that the project is dead? If so, what are my other options for educating a 6 and 7 year old who are currently in French International School?

Thanks!