Hua Hin Fishing Lodge

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Mrs T. otherwise known as the Christmas stocking filler :wink: has bought me a few advance Christmas presents :cheers:

I am therefore pleased to announce that we have increased our fish stock as follows:-

ADDITIONAL stocking of Thai Varieties that we have already.
Pla Yeesok Thai - Julliens Golden Carp.
Pla Beuk - Giant Siamese Catfish.
Pla Cohor - Giant Siamese Carp.
Golden Tin Foil Barb

NEW Thai Varieties
Pla Ret Thong - Golden Gourami
Pla Tapien ? - Olive Carp - not sure of the correct Thai name - still researching

NEW Amazonian Varieties
Pla Chon Daeng - ARAPAIMA - babes but their reputation precedes them.
Pla Amazon Daeng - AMAZON REDTAIL CATFISH - again babes but simply stunning

NEW Peruvian Variety
Pla Sira - TIGER CATFISH - babes but even more stunning!

SO - if you are up for some fishing with a difference, we have it :thumb:

Also - we now stock Wall's Ice Cream to complement the 52 dishes on our menu.

Plenty of wine, beer and soft drinks.

We are open all over the holiday period with the exception of Monday 22nd from 3.00pm onwards and Christmas Day - both private functions :party:

Also - anyone breaking a Hua Hin Fishing Lodge species record (As published on the website or displayed on our notice board) and verified by me or my staff can claim THB 1,000 :shock:

If you want a different day out with the family - give us a try - you might get hooked!

AND FINALLY - Don't forget if you fancy something completely different - you can try a trip on our own boat to fish Kaeng Krachan Dam or Pranburi Dam - check out our website for details.
Last edited by Terry on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Hi Terry

What are current records ?

Sizes of new cohor and beuk ?

I will be up over the weekend to have a pop at the new exotics on some light tackle .Are you around ? If not i,ll sneak in some live goldfish for the gar:wink:

Crazy 88
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Hi Mr. C

All current records are on 'The Fish' page of the website. I constantly update this as and when things develop.

Mrs.T has spent around 56k on these fish.

All that follows is subject to verification by moi - as I have not seen these babes yet!

The fact is that she has managed to get (so I am informed) 6 Arapaima, 4 Redtail Catfish, 2 Tiger Catfish, 4 Yeesok Thai, 20 Olive Carp, 15 Golden Gourami, 10 Cohor - thus far with others being delivered tomorrow, says as usual that she has done some pretty hard bargaining with some folk at the fish farms!!!

Bearing in mind that Cohor as we have existing in the ponds between 6-12kg are worth THB 1,000 / kg and you would be hard put to get the smallest of Arapaima for under THB 4,000 each, suggests that they are all small - but on light tackle a small Arapaima or Redtail can seem like your worst nightmare. :mrgreen:

So it all promises well for the future and I must be careful not to put too many predators in the ponds as I will end up having nothing BUT them. :twisted:

Anyway - light tackle with some fresh chicken on the end will do the trick I'm sure. 8)

If they grow at the same rate as the Gar then we will soon have some fun - BTW we estimate the Gar to be around 6 - 7 kg now, from visual observation - current caught record 3.8kg by yours truly!!!!!!!

So there's a possibility for a grand straight away. :thumb:

I will be there this weekend and the goldfish are ok by me - just don't let Mrs.T see you with them! :wink:

I also wouldn't fancy being a Pla Nin at my place anytime in the near future :( .................................
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Let me know when they are being delivered and I'll pop along and have a look if I am free .

Crazy 88
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Some Arapaima, Yeesok Thai, Tin Foil Barb, Olive Carp, Gold Gourami and a Tiger are in our holding pond right now. Not sure when the others are coming but maybe tomorrow morning.

They will be there probably up to midday tomorrow before I photograph, weigh and release them into the ponds.

If you want a sneak peak - pop over now - I will be back around 8 tonight.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

We will pop in this evening .Promise not to dangle a rod in the holding pond liike Craig did with the cohor :roll:

Crazy 88
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Thank you for your consideration Mr.C

However, the little chappies might be partial to a snack of Pla Tong! :wink:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

One of the new residents of our bottom pond. :shock:

A 13.5kg Arapaima who goes under the name of 'Arry! :roll:

He's got 5 more little brothers being fattened up in our holding pond

8)
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Thanks for another great relaxing evening guys .I'm breaking one of those records before new year .Watch out "Arry" I'm on your case .

Crazy 88
(buffalo) Bill
Banned
Banned

Post by (buffalo) Bill »

Is that thing dangerous? Does it have big teeth?
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Bill

Google Alligator gar and have a look at the images .I think unhooking yourself should be a requirement for the 1000 bt .I'll lend you a rod when they hit 20kg :wink:

Crazy 88
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Caught some 10 minutes ago!

One of our new 6kg Amazon Redtail Catfish

See whatyou are missing? :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

See whatyou are missing?
I´m missing it all, the lovely athmosphere of this place, the cool breeze, the easiness of a lazy day (I used to spend more time just looking at the scenery than fishing there) etc. Hopefully, one day, I´ll be able to make another visit to your place, Terry. Missing the hospitality here on the top of the world.
All that follows is subject to verification by moi
Hopefully, the last word is not Thai language. :cheers: (not pronounces as French)
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

See whatyou are missing?
I´m missing it all, the lovely athmosphere of this place, the cool breeze, the easiness of a lazy day (I used to spend more time just looking at the scenery than fishing there) etc. Hopefully, one day, I´ll be able to make another visit to your place, Terry. Missing the hospitality here on the top of the world.
All that follows is subject to verification by moi
Hopefully, the last word is not Thai language. :cheers: (not pronounced as French)
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Hi BG

Yep - missing those Finvasions with the smoking box too.

Definitely French pronounciation implied !

Glorious day here - and just to rub it in - same group of customers but now a 11.5kg Amazon Redtail

It's a great day today!