Hua Hin Fishing Lodge

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: Hua Hin Fishing Lodge

Post by Terry »

GREAT NEWS TODAY.............................. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumb:

HUA HIN FISHING LODGE AWARDED 2014 TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE 8)

Recognised as a Top Performing Speciality Lodging in Hua Hin as Reviewed by Travellers on the World’s Largest Travel Site

HUA HIN, THAILAND – 21st May 2014 – HUA HIN FISHING LODGE today announced that it has received a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Establishments awarded the Certificate of Excellence are located all over the world and represent the upper echelon of businesses listed on the website.

When selecting Certificate of Excellence winners, TripAdvisor uses a proprietary algorithm to determine the honorees that takes into account reviews ratings. Businesses must maintain an overall TripAdvisor bubble rating of at least four out of five, volume and recency of reviews. Additional criteria include a business’ tenure and popularity ranking on the site.

Winning the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence is a true source of pride for the entire team at HUA HIN FISHING LODGE and we’d like to thank all of our past guests who took the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor,” said Terry & Win Co-Owners at HUA HIN FISHING LODGE. “There is no greater seal of approval than being recognised by one’s customers. With the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence based on customer reviews, the accolade is a remarkable vote of confidence to our business and our continued commitment to excellence.”

“TripAdvisor is pleased to honour exceptional hospitality businesses for consistent excellence,” said Marc Charron, President of TripAdvisor for Business. “The Certificate of Excellence award gives top performing establishments around the world the recognition they deserve, based on feedback from those who matter most – their customers. From Australia to Zimbabwe, we want to applaud exceptional hospitality businesses for offering TripAdvisor travellers a great customer experience.”
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Congratulations
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Congrats Terry.....

A well deserved accolade....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well done Terry, you've got a good team there :clap:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We're waitin' for ya to dangle your toes in our award winning pond. Good job boss!
Fish.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

And here it is................
CofE.jpg
CofE.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Well proud of Mrs.T and the team - I get home at weekends and kick arse - Mrs.T takes care of the details :mrgreen:

Thanks for the congrats folks

Here's another piece of positive feedback received on Monday this week, from one of our regular customers who holiday in Hua Hin every year.................................

"Hi Terry, just thought I would give you another big thank you for making my husbands fishing experience once again fantastic, and we're still coming, only our 5th day today, ( Daves 3rd visit already) as you know it's our third visit to Thailand (three weeks this time to get more fishing done,) and you make our fishing trip worthwhile for me as well (as a none fisher man ) you even do massage - great or what, friendly staff, great food , everyone should come and visit you even if they don't fish, it's a great day out,
Yesterday dave ( and myself ) had the most fantastic day, I think for one person he must have broke the record for catching the most fish - 39 in total.
Carp 16 fish from 19kgs - 3kgs.
Catfish 11 fish from 7kgs - 2 kgs.
Pacu 5 fish from 8 kgs -3 kgs.
Arapaima 2 fish 22 kgs each.
Alligator gar 1 fish 13 kgs.
Red tail catfish 4 fish from 4 kgs - 3 kgs.

Unquote

So - what are you waiting for - pay us a visit soon. :duck:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Well – What can I say?
Thank you everybody for your congratulations and kind words, they are very much appreciated.
Winning this accolade means a lot to us at the Lodge – especially as it is our customers who are awarding it to us.
Most of you know that I still work in Bangkok Mondays to Fridays, so it could never have been won without the solid hard and unswerving contribution of ‘The Boss’, “Mrs. T’ my dear Wife – Win. Thank you sweetie – your constant attention to detail in ensuring that the restaurant runs smoothly (shopping for the ingredients, ensuring that the cooking is top quality), the bungalows are spotless, the grounds are immaculate, whilst finding time to ferry our two sons to and from school, supervising the building work and maintenance, dealing with the authorities for licenses and all the legal stuff – I could go on and on………………….
Not to forget Jeab who helps a lot with the admin and the rest of the team – when they listen to me…….
Thanks again.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

congrats Terry & Win - very well deserved!
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Well done Terry, Win and the team. May you continue to go from strength to strength.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Mrs.T has been buying fish again :thumb: :thumb:

We took delivery of 100 new fish today for the top pond.

90 Pla Ka - Black Minnow Shark (Carp) - to add to the 5 already there
Pla Ka 3.jpg
Pla Ka 3.jpg (75.46 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
Pla Ka 2.jpg
Pla Ka 2.jpg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
These fish were all between 2 and 5 kg - they don't get much bigger than 7 Kg apparently

10 Pla Pom - I've yet to bottom this species out - but another carp around 1.5 to 2 Kg max
Pla Pom.jpg
Pla Pom.jpg (55.26 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
Anyways - more variety.........
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Good job, Terry, a worthy winner and well-deserved. We always enjoy coming along when we're about and that won't change. Some of the best food around in my experience and we're chuffed for you and the team; look forward to seeing you in a couple of months.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Surprise Visitor

Post by Terry »

We see plenty of butterflies and moths at the Lodge, but this little fella interrupted dinner tonight - about 15cm (6") across...................
Moth.jpg
Moth.jpg (36.05 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Some Low Season Updates

Post by Terry »

With the low season and the rain in full swing, we have taken the opportunity to carry out some long overdue work to improve our customer experience and our own facilities / security.
1) We are constructing a 'Pool Room' and my pool table may get a long overdue home. This will also house a 'Ladies' toilet, two shower rooms and a laundry room / mop store for servicing our bungalows. Or existing toilet(s) will be refurbished and used as 'Gents' only.
newpoolpan.jpg
newpoolpan.jpg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 973 times
walkthrough.jpg
walkthrough.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 973 times
2) A sun / rain shield is going up along the front of the restaurant to protect us a little better from the elements.
sunshield.jpg
sunshield.jpg (29.98 KiB) Viewed 973 times
3) We are also installing an e-fence on the West / South sides of the property to deter those folk who just might contemplate trying to steal a few fish or who are generally up to no good. They will literally get a shock if they try..........perfectly legal and adequately festooned with warning signs. (No Pics yet)
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

More stocking for the coming season

Tomorrow should see the arrival of some more Giant Gourami, Black Shark Minnow Carp and Some Asian Redtail Catfish

ALSO

Drawing1.jpg
:cheers: :cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

SOME MORE NEW ARRIVALS

Post by Terry »

Some new arrivals today - First of all an Asian Redtail Catfish (Pla Kot Daeng) + 3 Wallago Attu (Pla Krao Dum) and around 24 more Giant Gourami.
ARcomp.jpg
ARcomp.jpg (80.91 KiB) Viewed 791 times
WAcompjpg.jpg
WAcompjpg.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Retcrop.jpg
Retcrop.jpg (73.93 KiB) Viewed 791 times
More variety - more fun

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: