Architect '18 Expo at Muang Thong (Bangkok)

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Architect '18 Expo at Muang Thong (Bangkok)

Post by VincentD »

Didn't know where to put this as it is in Bangkok, but this is for those guys who find it impossible to get that elusive product at HomePro, Boonthavorn and similar..

Just spent an afternoon browsing at the Expo, it's from 1st to the 6th of May. Went with the intention of browsing for solar and home automation products and was not disappointed.
Although mainly for builders, the public is allowed in and many companies, mainly from China, are promoting and/or looking for distributors for their products. Some retail sales at good discounts.

I managed to find a 3-gang programmable timer - that's 3 in 1 - that is the same size as a wall socket and replaces it (National/Panasonic). Couldn't find that anywhere else so was the first thing in my bag.
One street light style solar outdoor light - really cheap, 1,300 baht that is way brighter than even the one plugged into the mains. If good, will get another for the other side of the house.
Wifey got a proper 5 cartridge water filter (non-RO) so my weekly bottled water trek should be a thing of the past.
LED bulbs on good discount - got a couple of 5-packs.
Also got some good intel on where to get stand-alone home automation products, though most are systems aimed at builders that are more easily incorporated into a structure that is being built.

An afternoon well spent.

Check the website for their event calendar impact<dot>co<dot>th
วินเชนท์