Hua Hin Kite Festival, March 23-25 2018

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Hua Hin Kite Festival, March 23-25 2018

Post by buksida »

27544800_1707899745940460_1074278036714367338_n.jpg

According to that it is at the 'tenth army school' next to Rajaphakdee Park.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Kite Festival, March 23-25 2018

Post by hhinner »

^^ Rachabhakdi Park - the one with the big statues. And it's the army sergeants school next door to the park.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Really? Not on Cha-Am Beach? How disappointing. I mightn't bother. :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

should be great; a day on the concrete in the sun.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 am I mightn't bother. :cry:
Just realised that I will have visitors - I probably won't have a choice.

FFS, showing sand, palm trees and surf boards on the poster, no wonder I assumed it was at Cha-Am again.

Points 41; Position 18
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

It is a kite festival, not kite surfing.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but its been held on the beach for a few years. Looking at the poster, it must have been a last minute decision to switch from the beach.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Hua Hin Kite Festival, March 23-25 2018

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, but its been held on the beach for a few years. Looking at the poster, it must have been a last minute decision to switch from the beach.
The army is in electioneering mode. :)
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thailand International Kite Festival 2018 takes to Hua Hin skies on March 23-25
The ever-popular Thailand International Kite Festival is set to take to the skies on March 23-25, 2018 at the Army Non Commissioned Officer School, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Here are the highlights:

Fancy Kite Show: This year, the event will see 20 kite-flying teams from around the world, including Switzerland, Germany and France. The displays of beautiful kites from all over the world will include giant kites in the shapes of super heroes and cartoon characters as well as in geometric forms. A stunning musical performance of revolution kites and a show of stunt kites with fliers who’ll compete to show off their high-speed flying skills will be a highlight.

Chula and Pak Pao show: A show of unique Thai kites which will be dancing in the sky, accompanied by a Thai classical music Pi Phat ensemble.

Kite Exhibition: The exhibit applies interactive multimedia technology in telling the story of Thai kites in an enjoyable way.

Kite Art Fun and DIY Activities: Try your hand at making, drawing and painting a kite at the Kite Kid Paint corner, create limited-edition art pieces at the Do It Yourself (DIY) section, or learn how to make a boomerang and how to throw it at the Boomerang Workshop.

Wind Garden: an activity to design a ground decorated with wind-playing arts like kites and materials that can be moved by wind, sound-producing pieces like turbines, mobiles, bells, etc., and see the professional wind garden decoration.

Family Fun Kite: an activity that provides an open area for kite flying families to enjoy themselves together.

Ringside Kite Tour: get to see kites in the kite-flying field, right up close to the kites and their world-class kite flyers.

Food Trucks and Music: a caravan of mobile food shops that offer signature dishes of Hua Hin. There are also utility items, ornaments, and local handicrafts for sale, as well as local community shops with light music and the relaxing ambience of Hua Hin.

Kite Weekend Market: See and buy kites at many colourful kite stalls.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... g/30338897
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ah, not the Kings Park then. Still not as nice as the beach, but better than the concrete of the park. I've been in there for the Elephant Polo World Cup. An OK venue, but Mrs BB still shudders at the price she was charged for 2 hot dogs for my granddaughters - 800 Baht.

My recommendation is take a picnic.

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm should be great; a day on the concrete in the sun.
It's at the non-commissioned officer school next door, not at Rajabhak(ti) park, though. The NCO school is pretty verdant as far as I'm aware.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've been in there for the Elephant Polo World Cup. An OK venue, but Mrs BB still shudders at the price she was charged for 2 hot dogs for my granddaughters - 800 Baht.
All that catering for the Elephant Polo was from five star hotels and the like, I can't imagine they would do that for a Kite Festival. It was a good venue on Cha Am beach though, we had a meal at a beach restaurant and saw it all from there.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe/maybe not - we'll still take a picnic :D

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Starts today.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've drive past twice today, and must say, for what I saw in the maybe 1 minutes driving each way, it was very disappointing, We plan to go on Sunday.

Points 41; Position 18