Hua Hin City 2018

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin City 2018

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal highlights from yesterday's match:

This moves Hua Hin City to within 3 points of a Champions League place.
Gameweek7.jpg
Gameweek7.jpg (62.81 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
The next game is at home on 1st April to Nonthaburi FC.
Nonthaburi_Cover.jpg
Nonthaburi_Cover.jpg (60.51 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It looks as though we've been drawn at home to Sisaket in the next round of the Toyota League Cup. Poster states 18th April, but the date still has to be confirmed.
29634546_10215967033307906_1186256321_o.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 2 - 1 Nonthaburi

3 very welcome points, but Hua Hin made very hard work of what should have been an easy day at the office. There was very little doubt in my mind who the better team were, but in the end Nonthaburi were very unlucky not to be going home with a point.

They took the lead mid-way through the first half when Panudach finished very well for his first league goal.

Mid-way through the 2nd half Arnon grabbed what was either a wonder goal, or a very bad cross. Of course, Arnon will claim the former, but whatever it was, it was definitely a goal, and it proved to be the decisive goal at that.

Nonthaburi replied almost immediately with a deflected free kick and were very unlucky not to grab an equaliser just after, when the ball was cleared off the line, with Krit beaten.

This now moves Hua Hin up to 3rd place, with a game in hand over the 2nd placed team.
Gameweek_8.jpg
Gameweek_8.jpg (63.36 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Next Sunday, they are away to unbeaten league leaders Nakhon Pathom.
Nakhon_Pathom_Cover.jpg
Nakhon_Pathom_Cover.jpg (63.46 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Being my 1 game this season,I cannot comment on the previus games,but was not impressed of the play against the bottom team.I think we were lucky with the 3 points and I hope it wasn't our best game this season.
3 spot ,so looks god for the team.

Nice shirt by the way, forgot to ask were to buy them,anybody can give me details perhaps ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Problem is, with just 9 teams in the league, every game is either a relegation or promotion battle.

If you looked my way, the guy in a blue shirt sat with me was our Brazilian star, who is injured. The club can not afford medical care :? . He makes a huge difference to the team.

My insider nformation has confirmed the club is financially embarrassed, and there are no more wages to be paid. Foreign players have been told they can be released from their contracts, which is better than the underhand tactics previously being used. It's just a shame the flub resorted to underhand in the first place.

If you are talking club shirts, I suggest you contact the club by PM on their official Facebook Page. If you are talking protest shirts, I can arrange.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

it's sad to read that the club behave this way,and maybe it would best if we would go bankrupt so these idiots would be out from the club,but I guess it could be the end for the club.

I'm talking about the protest shirt,I will find out what size me and my wife need and will PM you later,thanks.

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal highlights from yesterday's game:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nakhon Pathom FC 2 – 0 Hua Hin City FC

Today was the final game in the first leg of the season. After today, everybody would have played everybody else once. We had to wait until the final game to face this season’s outstanding team, Nakhon Pathom. In just 7 games, Nakhon Pathom had twice as many points as Hua Hin, and their leading scorer, Diego had scored more goals than the rest of the Hua Hin team put together. A tough test could lie ahead of us.

Whoever is picking the team made some more strange decisions today. Maraba was still injured, but the other foreign players were out of favour. However, when this team was put together, there was strength in all areas of the park, so whatever team was fielded, they should have been capable.

Krit played probably his best game so far in goal.

The defence were outstanding apart from one lapse, which led to the first goal. We had 3 men marking the danger man, Diego, leaving the remaining Nakhon Pathom players with a clear advantage. The resultant header was not defended. Last week's gap at the back was filled by Poranarong Rodjakthuk, and I was delighted to see our regular captain, Jiradech Sangsanga replaced at the back by Narathon Thook-Arom. With Worrapat Sukkapan and Songkran Pungnoy in the middle, we had probably the best defence you will see in this league.

Our regular left back, Haritsadee Paitoon was promoted to captain for the day, and seemed to have a roving commission. Tossapon Hokma and Pratchaya Homchey put in a very workmanlike performance, and weren’t overwhelmed.

Last week’s little star, Panudach Subpeng had one of those games wingers suffer sometimes. He just couldn’t get past his man, and whenever he did, he was poleaxed.

So, 2/3rds of the line-up was pretty good. That leaves the front 2, David Megitt and Arnon Kaimook.

It’s not a secret that many supporters feel that David is a weak link, and every play goes through him. In fact, there are few in Zone B who understand why he gets started week after week. I watched his performance critically yesterday. He moved around well, but fell over a few times. However, it’s his ball distribution that gets the criticism:

• Passing the ball backwards, he scored 100%
• Passing the ball sideways, he scored 50%
• Passing the ball forward, he scored 5% - he seems to panic, his forward passes are rushed, and do not go where they are intended. He obviously has the ability, because every backward pass reached its intended target. I hope he sees this, and he can maybe work on this aspect – I still want Hua Hin to succeed. Despite what many fans think, this coach seems determined to pick him, so let’s help improve his game.

So that leave’s Arnon. We’ve seen Arnon as a lone striker many times in recent seasons – a position he does not excel in. Don’t get me wrong, he played well yesterday, and made some good little runs. There was a free kick about 40 yards out, and I commented to my wife, why is Arnon going to shoot? Well, the shot completely beat the Nakhon Pathom keeper, and rattled the crossbar. It would have been goal of the season if it were just 2” lower. However, I think this was probably the closest anybody came to having a shot on target.

The second Nakhon Pathom goal was master-class, and I look forward to seeing it again.

In summary, it was a good game of football. Congratulations must go to the coach for not parking the bus, but he has to learn that there are better alternatives to playing his favourites. He showed us against IPE that he wasn’t afraid to experiment. What he seems to be afraid of is playing his strongest team in their conventional positions.

That’s leg 1 of 3 complete. Even at this early stage, it looks like we only have runners-up position to play for. We are 4th, but could easily be in 2nd place. The ill-fated decision to lose 2 points against Chainat Hornbill, when they couldn’t field a team and the experimental loss of 3 points against IPE. Hopefully, we won’t make the same mistakes in leg 2.

League table after leg 1:
Gameweek_9.jpg
Gameweek_9.jpg (64.5 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Next game is cup action against T2 opposition:
sisaket_cover.jpg
sisaket_cover.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal highlights from yesterday's game:

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

BB, what was your view of the 'goal' that Hua Hin had ruled out for offside? It's obviously impossible to judge it properly from a camera behind the goal but the player who headed the ball into the net seemed to be coming on a late run from deep. There was another player further forward who looked like he might have been more likely to have been in an offside position but he was never even remotely close to being involved in active play.

How did it look to you at the time?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was convinced it was a great goal by Songkran to make it 1 - 1. The reaction of a few players on both teams seemed to confirm my belief, but the ref said no. I guess offside is described differently in the rule book he took to yesterday's match. After playing the worst game I've seen him play last week, Songkran was back to his ever reliable best yesterday.

A snippet I've been told by one of the players, Feli who had his boots stolen after the Assumption match, has now had his socks stolen. The club made him pay 200 Baht for a replacement pair. I'd be calling the police - there were plenty at yesterday's match.

Points 41; Position 18
stumorelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stumorelli »

Looked a good game. The offside goal decision looked a bit harsh and one off the crossbar ,Could easily have been a draw. The team look as if they are playing some decent football and just need a bit more luck in-front of goal.

BB any more whispers about the state the club are in financially ?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As far as I know, the club are broke. The foreign players have been told to go. The Thai players are unlikely to receive wages.

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Good morning BB,am i correct in saying that there is no league game this weekend,home or away,and our next match is wednesday in the cup? Appreciate your feedback,thanks.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Okay please forget the above duplicated posts,i have just seen the post above last weeks write-up