Hua Hin City 2018

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin City 2018

Post by Big Boy »

Again, therein lies the problem. Thais don't abide by or play to FIFA Rules - they play their own version of the beautiful game.

I have been telling the players to go collectively to the Thai FA, but they don't feel they'll get any support.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 pm Again, therein lies the problem. Thais don't abide by or play to FIFA Rules - they play their own version of the beautiful game.
Well, the player has threatened to go to FIFA, if he does, it will be interesting to see what happens. I suspect his days at HH are numbered in any case.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There are at least 4 players being abused (2 have still to come out). One has to wonder why the management are condoning these actions, as I know they are aware of the situation.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:01 amOne has to wonder why the management are condoning these actions, as I know they are aware of the situation.
Then the only conclusion has to be that they support it!
Talk is cheap
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

caller wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 pm
Big Boy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:01 amOne has to wonder why the management are condoning these actions, as I know they are aware of the situation.
It's not necessarily the only conclusion (although it is a possible one). Officials at various clubs in the UK knew about some of the child abuse cases involving former coaches working at their clubs but did nothing about it at the time. It didn't mean they supported the abuse - just that they were prepared to turn a blind eye to it.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:29 pm
caller wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 pm
It's not necessarily the only conclusion (although it is a possible one). Officials at various clubs in the UK knew about some of the child abuse cases involving former coaches working at their clubs but did nothing about it at the time. It didn't mean they supported the abuse - just that they were prepared to turn a blind eye to it.
I think a lot of people would say that turning a blind eye to something, is tantamount to supporting it!!
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

They might say that and it might even be true in this case but as mentioned, it isn't automatically the only possible conclusion.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Just to be clear, I'm appalled by the stories that have come out and the club certainly shouldn't be sitting back and doing nothing. I just don't think we can necessarily accuse them of actively supporting it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Look E-San 3 - 2 Hua Hin City

Goals by:

Feli & Maraba

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yesterday's full match (in low resolution).

Come back later, and I will edit the post to include high resolution, behind the goal highlights.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This Sunday's must watch game:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 1 – 3 IPE Samut Sakhon

Dark things continue to happen at Takiab Stadium, and unless you agree with the conspiracy theories, there is no logical reason why. It has all happened since Coach Sebastien walked away from the asylum.

We now have a new Thai head coach, who came complete with very high qualifications. So how could he get yesterday so wrong? He played a goalkeeper in goal, but examples of the rest of the team (apologies for old position names, but I am old)…….

• Left Back was the Left Winger.
• Right Back was Right Midfield.
• Left Winger was the Right Winger.
• Right Wing was Centre Forward.
• Centre Forward was on the Bench.
• The best defender (certainly at T4 level) in the league was on the Bench.
• Attacking Midfield was somewhere in Defence (couldn’t pin him down to a position).
• I could go on, but as you can guess, it was a complete and utter shambles. As far as I know, every player was at full fitness.

This new coach might be qualified in something, but I’d guess its nearer crochet than football. The club’s web page has player profiles, including positions. No excuse for playing so many out of position. Somebody suggested before KO that if this worked, he’d be classed as a genius. The scoreline tells us the rest.

About the only outfield player in his regular position was the play maker, but he couldn’t have played a hand of snap for the 3rd consecutive game.

As you can imagine, the first half was awful, and we soon found ourselves behind. The question was, this new coach was Thai, could he lose face by admitting that he’d got it wrong? Right on half time he brought on Arnon, and a couple of players were able to return to their regular positions. This steadied the ship a little, but it was still riding the rapids.

After about an hour Nicolas was brought on. This allowed the shape to reform to almost normal, but everything was still going through the play maker. At last Hua Hin were starting to threaten.

Unfortunately, Hua Hin fell for a sucker punch, and conceded No.2. This is a move I’ve seen many times in this league. The opposition have a player about 10 yards offside but not interfering with play. The attacker and defender come to a virtual standstill because the attacker has nowhere to go. Meanwhile a new attacker runs down the blindside of the defender, and receives the ball, still onside. Invariably, this move results in a goal.

Desperate to get back into the game, with time running out, a 3rd was conceded. It was at this point that the play maker was replaced by Tossapon and Hua Hin looked really dangerous in the last 10 minutes, with the attacking trio of Maraba, Feli and Nicolas (now playing in their natural positions) all coming very close to grabbing a goal after starting to get the service they needed from the new play maker.

Hua Hin’s consolation came right on full time with a well taken strike into the bottom left corner by leading scorer Maraba from the edge of the penalty area.

This defeat see’s Hua Hin sitting 1 place above relegation.
Gameweek_6_2.jpg
Gameweek_6_2.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
They are away to Assumption Utd next week.
Assumption_Cover.jpg
Assumption_Cover.jpg (62.35 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Behind the goal video highlights from yesterday's match:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For anybody thinking of travelling to the Assumption match on Sunday, the club have just informed me that the venue has been changed to the SGC Stadium (Home of Muangthong).

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Assumption Utd 1 - 2 Hua Hin City

Hua Hin Goals:
Songkran
Tossapon

Points 41; Position 18