Hua Hin City 2018

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin City 2018

Post by Thistle »

Another serious catastrophe in the realms of Hua Hin City FC,
It is quite amazing to think of the possibilities open to the future of a well oiled and run Football Club within the province of Prachuap Khiri Khan,with the volume of tourist/expat/Thai love of soccer,being once again flushed down the toilet.
I have absolutely no connections within the club,other than along with some local friends who wish to watch a soccer game on a weekend,its very simple.However,i have seen the pitches at True Arena,in comparison to Takiap,watched Hua Hin play friendlies there,i have watched the sponsorship disappear again and the simple question is WTF is going on.
The outlook currently seems very gloom,and fingers not even crossed we shall be playing again at home in 3 weekends time!!!!
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Final comment,i watched the game last night,not overly impressed,however HH won 2-0,followed then by the opposition going down to 8 men,yes 8 men.The support was extremely poor,although seemed to increase quite dramatically at half time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,perhaps free entrance.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK guys, the pain inside my gut (and it isn't wind) has made me reconsider my actions.

Whilst I find it hard to believe the cover story given 12 hours after the initial post; i.e. a message stating, "Cancel All Package" is very clear and concise. The poster can't call the language card, because I also have the Line conversation with my son, which shows the poster of the initial message as being more than competent when writing English. I honestly don't think they expected the reaction they received to their announcement, and had to think up a cover story very quickly. OK, that has happened, time to forgive and forget.

I have concluded that by not exchanging my cards, it would be playing right into the new management's hands i.e. they've had my admission money, so couldn't give a toss whether I attend or not. However, they owe me 5 shirts. By not exchanging the cards, I won't receive the shirts. OK, I don't particularly want a shirt (my son has already disposed of his old Hua Hin City shirts), but I know people who will be grateful to receive them.

Additionally, the 4 cards permit 8 non-paying guests. Those guests may have paid admission to the new regime, but won't if they are guests. Yes, I still feel bitter towards the management.

I will totally avoid the internal politics from hereon in, and will only be seen on the terraces of Takiab Stadium.

So it will be business as usual, and I will continue to disbelieve anything I hear from the club's management.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Chainat Hornbill B 1 - 2 Hua Hin City

I'm away at the moment, and can only say that these are 3 much needed points that pust Hua Hin upto joint 2nd. Goals by Maraba and Nicolas.
Gameweek_4.jpg
Gameweek_4.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Another away match this week, at Look E-San.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The club have shared the following link:

http://www.supersubthailand.com/news/20 ... ARB32.dpbs

It is basically advising that the club's French President and Head coach have moved on. I won't go into the circumstances, but this Facebook post by one of the players should give you some idea about what is going on.
David2.jpg
David2.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Such a shame that racism laws don't exist in Thailand. It is pulling the club apart.

The club are now desperate to find a new owner and/or sponsor. Without either, I fear the players have probably had their last payday. The writing is on the wall.

So if anybody has a bit of spare cash to burn........................................................ :shock:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Videos from last Sunday's match Chainat Hornbill vs Hua Hin City:

Before the match:

Match highlights:

Post match treatment:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 am Such a shame that racism laws don't exist in Thailand. It is pulling the club apart.
What nationality is David Megitt?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thai from Manchester.

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

I chatted a lunch time today with another supporter.We both felt very concerned about this post on facebook,
The question is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,his comment,is it a personnel opinion our how the players feel in general?I think it this has to be clarified immediately,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially the wording,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and , obviously possible ,i repeat possible sponsers of course will be concerned about any racism comments towards supporting the club .
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I did some checking on the way home from the airport, and the articles I looked at basically stated there aren't any real racism laws in Thailand.

I spoke to the intended recipient of the attack yesterday, and he said he'd taken the problem to the Manager, who did nothing.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just another snippet regarding what is going on at the club. This guy has more talent in his little toe than the rest of the team. He should be playing at a much higher level.
maraba.png
maraba.png (40.4 KiB) Viewed 820 times

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Surely under Thai FA rules this club should be ejected from all leagues for blatant racism.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't disagree, although I think the sticking point comes with 'Thai'. If you look up Thai discrimination laws, they don't seem to exist.

It's such a shame because I've seen this current group of players since they started bringing them together in December. If it was purely down to footballing skill, they would do well in League 2 and probably League 1. However, despite still being unbeaten, morale has gone off the scale in the wrong direction.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Let me just say a little more about the latest victim to come out of the closet (believe me, there's a lot more to come out, and I'm sure it will). He has been being abused for quite a few weeks now.

He's a lovely guy, and will speak to everybody. He has a Thai wife, and they've just had their first child together.

Last weekend I was staying in Chiang Mai. At our hotel, the Ayutthaya team were also staying. I contacted Maraba to let him know his former teammates were there. It turned out that it was the other Ayutthaya team :oops: . However, he still knew some of the players, and arranged for me to be guest of honour at the game, and be presented with an Ayutthaya shirt. If that wasn't above and beyond, I don't know what is. I was quite choked by the gesture.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm I don't disagree, although I think the sticking point comes with 'Thai'. If you look up Thai discrimination laws, they don't seem to exist.
But I'm assuming the Thai FA wil be bound by FIFA rules and they certainly define and deal with complaints of racism by players, officials, the crowd et al, including recommended punishments. Wouldn't be good publicity for the Thai FA considering the recent action taken by FIFA against the last head of the Thai FA.
Talk is cheap