West Bromwich Albion u16 @ True Arena Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
curlybaggie

West Bromwich Albion u16 @ True Arena Hua Hin

Post by curlybaggie »

My Team West Bromwich Albion are sending their under 16 team to play Thailand All Stars under 16's, at the True Arena Hua Hin, between 14-17 of July. Could be worth watching if you are a football fan.
Big Boy

WBA vs Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

Here's one for all those Baggies fans (if he's reading :D)

Next Saturday @ True Arena, K.O. 17:30

WBA u.16s vs Thailand u.16s.

Admission is FREE
wba.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: West Bromwich Albion u16 @ True Arena Hua Hin

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

I've heard different dates for this game - July 14, 15 & 16. Can anybody confirm? Even within this post, there are two different dates given. Also, the poster talks about a tournament which usually means more than one game. Are there more games?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The poster states 15th, and that was confirmed earlier today by Steve Johnston, who will be doing a live radio show from the event.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
curlybaggie

Post by curlybaggie »

I'm sorry for the lack of information in my original post, but that was the only information that was available to me at the time. They obviously didn't have a concrete date at the time, just a three day window in which to play the game. I hope that anyone who goes to the game enjoys it, you never know, you may be seeing one or two stars of the future.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

I just called to double-check, they said the game is still on for today and that there are more games on Sunday and Monday.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

However at the game last night, I was told the WBA team won't be playing any more games in Hua Hin. So if there are more games in this 'tournament' they apparently won't involve West Brom.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

I believe this was the final game,,,,3 games in Bangkok,along with 1 in Chomburi,and then last nights game.Good spectacle,certainly up to half time when the result was 2-0,,,,,,,,,,,,i think substitutions made a big difference,especially for WBA,i believe their number 15 scored twice in a very short period of time.Final score of course was a little embarrassing,however it was a good game to watch,and supported extremely well by both farang and Thai,,,,,before you ask,final score 6-0.