Fishing freshwater in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
yves

Fishing freshwater in Hua Hin

Post by yves »

Hello,

Do you know a nice place for families to fish in freshwater around Hua Hin please ? A fishing park may be ?

Thanks
Big Boy

Re: Fishing freshwater in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I like Hua Hin Fishing Lodge - very pleasant. A great selection of monster fish. They treat you like kings, bait your hooks, unhook your fish, even bring food and drinks to your swim.

Alternatively, there is Cha-Am Fishing Park, slightly North of Cha-Am. Cheaper, but you have to get your hands dirty :wink: .

There are other places, but if you want to catch fish, they are much more expensive. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either of the above 2.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Took my kids here a couple of months ago, great value for money and they pulled out some monsters: http://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=14
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you go to Cha-Am, consider taking your own landing net - many of the fish are far too big for the landing nets provided. Buksi's kids had some monsters, but they were probably average size. We've had to unhook fish in the water because we had no way of landing them. You certainly won't get bored there.

My visit before last, I had 15 fish, with the smallest being 4'.

Points 41; Position 18
yves

Post by yves »

thanks mates !
Toy

Post by Toy »

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - that's way outside of my pension.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Toy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:22 pm The big one: http://www.jurassicfishingthailand.com/
Friends of mine have twice stayed at Jurassic when visiting Thailand within the last 7-months. I popped up there to have a look on their last trip and I have to say that the location, resort and fishing all looked fantastic. It's a long time since I have fished but this has tempted me to have another go, on saying that, the prices seem high for a days fishing.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Believe me, unless you're a dedicated specimen hunter, the fish at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge or Cha-Am Fishing Park will more than satisfy your need to catch fish. A day's fishing at either site has often left me absolutely knackered.

Jurassic Park are showing prices around 10x that of the Fishing Lodge, and 20x that of the Fishing Park. Having said that, if I could afford it, I'd probably give it a go.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:26 pmJurassic Park are showing prices around 10x that of the Fishing Lodge, and 20x that of the Fishing Park.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Talk is cheap