Desford Colliery Band World Tour with photos and videos

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Desford Colliery Band World Tour with photos and videos

Post by Big Boy »

Sat at the front, I couldn't hear anything other than the band.

A lot of Thais passed through, and seemed to enjoy it. A lot were making movies etc. I was really surprised at how much Mrs BB enjoyed it. She said it was a real shame that there's football this afternoon because she'd have loved to go again.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

We were originally going to have a concert in the park near the Tassiban, but as the monsoon broke we moved to MV. I'd like to thank the management at Market Village for being so helpful in supporting the concert.
I felt the acoustics were very good from where I was sitting, considering it was a shopping centre and there was a Thai pop concert going on at the other end.
There were many nationalities there and the two Thais in front of me were very enthusiastic as were some Thai ladies that I saw. One said it made all the hairs on her body stand up and was definitely coming again today.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I think the band was even sharper today! ( but I'm no expert)
Very mixed crowd with many more Thais who all seemed to enjoy it. The band has been blown away(intentional pun) by the friendly welcome HH has given to them not only at the concer, but around town. They asked me to thank everyone especially those that came and said hi.
I'm pretty sure we will get them to come again.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

due to a flat tire and the car in a garage :cry: we did only manage to se 2 set,and we really enjoyed it,good sound exept for the 2 thai anouncers that always annoys me.
The time just flew away ,thanks for the tip and effort to make it happen Nokyai. :bow:

:cheers: :cheers:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thank you Nokyai. It was a great treat to hear such superb musicianship. The first two soloists, coronet and horn were virtuosos. I sat about half way back for the first half and moved up to the front row for the second half and the sound was much better; less ambient noise. It's such a pleasure to hear a band play in tune, with dynamics and interesting arrangements. Again, thank you for your efforts.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Thank you also Nokyai for posting this. The Sunday afternoon concert was superb. Whilst congratulating some of the band members at the conclusion of the concert I was quite suprised to learn that amongst the musicians an Aussie and a Kiwi were amongst the talent. A very enjoyable way to spend a Sumday afternoon. I only wish I had of brought my camera!
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I got held up but caught the last 45 minutes and really enjoyed it! :thumb:
Talk is cheap