Pet Show, Market Village

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Pet Show, Market Village

Post by Big Boy »

11 to 20 Feb 17
Pets.jpg
Pets.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
nellyp

Re: Pet Show, Market Village

Post by nellyp »

I was a bit sad the last time I went to this, though I understand these businesses need to make money, I don't like to see animals in cages. The only saving grace for me would be to be able to buy a Staff (not an ASBT). That would make my life complete. A wife I love, 2 kids that are the stars in my eyes, and a Staff to bind us all together. Unfortunately, I cannot find the dog I know (from experience) can do this.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Don't buy pups from these people. Most come from puppy farms and are often full of unknown medical problems.
You can adopt a suitable dog for free, from the folks who care and neuter them here in Hua Hin. They make great hardy pets and will make ANY family complete.
PM me if you want details.
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

Do they sell live mealworms and/or crickets for feeding dragons and lizards? If not maybe someone knows where to get this stuff in Hua Hin.
Cheers
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Was there today and observed a TIT situation. There is a bird section with some owls and a hawk standing on posts. Next to it are some little green birds hopping about playing with toys and the kids. One of the little green birds decides to wander off in the direction of the hawk (I did not notice at the time). There is a loud commotion as the hawk swoops down and tries to get its lunch and one of the Thai's runs over and manages to save it just in time. Seemed ok apart from a feather or two missing.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Terry wrote:Don't buy pups from these people. Most come from puppy farms and are often full of unknown medical problems.
You can adopt a suitable dog for free, from the folks who care and neuter them here in Hua Hin. They make great hardy pets and will make ANY family complete.
PM me if you want details.
I was interested in getting a pup but they wanted 14k, then you have to pay for inoculations etc., before you know it 20k gone. Personally I don't want a dog from the dogs home but I know some may.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

The two larger owls are imported from cold climates. Not good for the birds. The biggest is from Siberia.

Can't remember where the other is from, but its not Thailand.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

All the smells and other animal contamination can't be good for the interior environment in Market Village. I was told you can even smell them in the basement. I am staying away until they are gone for a few days. I'm not a health freak but it sounds crazy to me.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I tend to agree with Terry. Get a local pariah dog; it won't cost you anything and they are just as loving as a pedigreed breed. They live longer, too, with less maintenance.
Having said that, I still miss my pedigreed boxers, all three of them. Have had local breeds in between, and there really is no difference if you love your dogs..
วินเชนท์
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I was looking at the thai ridgebacks while a thai woman, with her husband, was holding one of them. a while later I went back and started to pet one, in the pen, and the dealer told my wife to not let me touch them as they didn't feel well. shortly after that the dealer didn't like something one of the dogs did and he hit him. so, for 5000 baht you can have a mistreated dog.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I forgot about the event being held so I went to MV today as I like the place on the 2nd floor that does the dim sum and I did not smell anything. I even walked about on the first floor and took a look at the birds and reptiles and no smell. Maybe my nose is no good.

(Who else in HH does dim sum?)
jmhogan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jmhogan »

My wife found a dog she fell in love with at Market Village. SO we brought him home and he was 2 days away from needing another vaccination. I went and got him this vaccination and within 48 hours he developed symptoms of CANINE DISTEMPER. (Canine distemper is a virus that affects a dog’s respiratory, gastrointestinal, respiratory and central nervous systems, as well as the conjunctival membranes of the eye.) AND THIS IS HOW IS APPEARS IN PUPS The virus is passed from dog to dog through direct contact with fresh urine, blood or saliva. Sneezing, coughing and sharing food and water bowls are all possible ways for the virus to be passed on.

So now basically our little pup is on life support with not a bright outlook even if he does pull thru.

SO I will say PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS when buying a pet from these so called "Breeders" We have called this "breeder' they basically refuse to admit any wrong doings but have offered to give us another dog if our little fella dies this week.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the heart break. We had hoped that by bringing this dog home we were going to give him a better life and now whatever life he has will be difficult.
jmhogan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jmhogan »

We had to put our little Pup down this afternoon. IF You bought a dog from JACKKY FARM at MARKET VILLAGE in the last 2 weeks BE VERY CAREFUL. I am not sure if our dog was the host or just a carrier of Canine Distemper Virus. As frustrated as I am with the Breeder I am now more concerned about other dogs and the owners. The virus is passed from dog to dog through direct contact with fresh urine, blood or saliva. Sneezing, coughing and sharing food and water bowls are all possible ways for the virus to be passed on. When we got out dog he was in a pen with other dogs. Not sure how they are mixed up or split up in the evenings so PLEASE BE CAREFUL and get your puppy checked. It was heart breaking to put this little fella down. It had only been a few days but seeing any animal suffer is horrendous.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Hi JM, So sorry to here about your sad experience. I was looking to get a Beagle from Jackky Farm and they promised to call when more were available. Now I am not so sure about them. However how can anyone check out the dog before you buy? Even the dogs at the small indoor shop at Grand Market are taken away each night and you have no idea how they are kept.
Is there a reputable dealer in or around Hua Hin?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Steve, I've been watching a site called Perfect Pedigree Thailand in preparation for the sad day when our Rottweiler departs this Earth - I couldn't imagine living in Thailand without a Rottweiler - she's been a great friend and protector.

Anyway, I can't say what conditions their pups are kept in, but every animal comes with a health guarantee and they deliver to the airport nearest to you (personally, I'd collect anyway). Their prices seem quite reasonable. They may be worth considering.

I don't think they are a puppy farm as such, but a focal point through which many breeders sell their animals.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18