Hua Hin City 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

Post by bsdk1960 »

here

download/file.php?id=23861

post crossed ,BB came 1 :oops:

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The new home shirts on display for the first time yesterday.

Unfortunately, not available to buy yet.

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 1 - 0 Assumption Utd

Wow!!! Hua Hin City have truly arrived. I've seen some good Hua Hin sides, and I've seen some terrible ones. IMHO this current side is one of the best I've seen. There are no superstars. What we saw yesterday was 11 guys, enjoying their football under the direction of a great coach, Sebastien Roques. The lads are playing as a unit, and in t4, that is a rare commodity.

Having said the above, Assumption were good footballers as well. Yesterday's match didn't have the usual dramatics of the referee trying to be in the spotlight, players feigning injury nor bully boy players trying to physically hurt the opposition. It was good football. It is easy to see why Assumption will probably make it to this season's Champions League. They were good, but Hua Hin were slightly better.

The deciding goal came early in the first half. A perfectly executed free kick that would have made David Beckham proud was fired into the back of the net by Wuttichai. Game over.

Of course, this being Thailand, the football circus was in town. Assumption had won the first game 1 - 0, and Hua Hin won the second game 1 - 0 giving an aggregate score of 1 - 1. The venue for the 3rd game is decided by the aggregate score, so rather than toss a coin, it was penalty shoot out time. OK, a bit of fun, but the toss of a coin would have been just as effective. Assumption won the contest, so the final match of the season will be at Assumption.

Yesterday's result sees Hua Hin move within striking distance of the middle group in the table:
Gameweek_18_2.jpg
Gameweek_18_2.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 911 times
Next week will be a huge test for Sebastien's boys when the team are away to runaway league leaders, Suphanburi B:
Suphanburi_Cover.jpg
Suphanburi_Cover.jpg (118.28 KiB) Viewed 911 times

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Totally agree with your comments regarding yesterdays game.If was a pleasure to watch,and at times some real quality football was being played by both sides.The lad Treport seems to be an extremely useful asset,along with several other players i had not seen before.Scoring an excellent goal early on and keeping hold of the lead for a further 80 minutes was impressive.Still a little concerned with regards the goal-keeper,but lets hope he continues in the forthcoming fixtures to keep a clean sheet.Three away games against 3 from the top 4 should make for extremely interesting games.Hopefully the lads will continue to play at the same high standard we watched yesterday,and the support for the team increase.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Regular keeper Wichan is recovering from appendicitis. I thought young Natchapon did well on his debut.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I agree with your comment BB,however how can the referee allow our goalkeeper to stand 30 cm. in front of the player who should put the ball on the spot to take the penalty ,not important in this game ,but if it was standing 0-0 ,I think he should have a yellow card,after a warning first

Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

I of course was not aware that the regular keeper was out with appendicitis,however,everyone to their own opinion the debut keeper did not particularly impress me,forgetting the slippery surface, the big centre back,[Roland I believe his name is] came to the keepers rescue on several occasions.I only attend home games when possible,and therefore am not fully aware on a week to week basis what is occurring within the club,let alone names of the new/old players.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Zone B video highlights from yesterday:

Zone B penalties:

Goal line highlights + penalties:

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

There is a free bus taking supporters to Suphanburi on Saturday 15th July.

Seats will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. To reserve your seat, please telephone Khun Kaew on 095-7513243,

Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Supporters at BTU
Supporters at BTU
19885782_1392897477414828_49501637_o.jpg (196.38 KiB) Viewed 757 times
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

bsdk1960 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm I agree with your comment BB,however how can the referee allow our goalkeeper to stand 30 cm. in front of the player who should put the ball on the spot to take the penalty ,not important in this game ,but if it was standing 0-0 ,I think he should have a yellow card,after a warning first

Of course the thing the referee should really have done, was disallow that last penalty taken by Assumption FC and caution the player who took it (their keeper).

Law 14 - The Penalty Kick, which also applies during kicks from the penalty mark, states that:
feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up
is an offence.

And Law 10 - Determining the Outcome of a Match (Kicks from the Penalty Mark section) says:
If the kicker is penalised for an offence committed after the referee has signalled for the kick to be taken, that kick is recorded as missed and the kicker is cautioned.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Unfortunately the laws don't seem to apply in Thailand. There are many, many anomalies between real football and Thai football. It generally depends upon which rule book the referee brings with him.

I've said it many times, Thailand will not become a force in world football until they start playing to world rules.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

:agree: with you both,and it was good we had the 3 point ,and it was not a decisive penalty for 3 points

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

From a purely personal point of view, I'm pleased we lost the penalty shoot-out. I didn't fancy driving to Assumption for the first game, as it was a Bank Holiday weekend. They are playing in a new stadium this season, so it's one I haven't been to yet.

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

Friendly against League 2 high flyers Prachuap, next Tuesday 18th July.
prachuap.jpg
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

The supporter's bus for Suphanburi will depart from the clock tower at 10:00 tomorrow (Saturday 15th)