Red Arrows coming to Hua Hin *CANCELLED*

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Red Arrows coming to Hua Hin *CANCELLED*

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I didn't believe it either. They're coming on Nov 11th (Remembrance/Poppy Day)

Not much detail yet, but definitely one for my diary. More detail here https://cms.raf.mod.uk/reds/rafpublishe ... r20146.cfm
red_arrows.jpg
red_arrows.jpg (41.17 KiB) Viewed 3916 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Red Arrows coming to Hua Hin

Post by Khundon1975 »

BigBoy :D I have seen them many times in the UK, at a seaside town near us on their carnival day.

They always put on a great show (weather permitting) and I'm sure anyone who watches them in Hua Hin, are in for a real treat.

Pray for no low cloud on the day.

:thumb:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I too have seen them many times also, but I'm still excited at the thought of Britain's finest coming to Hua Hin. I'm wondering if they'll be on display at Hua Hin Airport.

Most of the Thais will never have seen anything like it - I hope kids are allowed to have a special hour off their lessons in which to watch the display. Problem is, most teachers will not realise what a treat is in store.

Even the low cloud display will be better than most Thais will have seen.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

^ Maybe that will be their base. The runway is around 2100 meters, I think that is enough for them to land and take off.

Would be good to get up close and take a look at the jets and maybe talk to the crew. :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I saw them up close a few years ago at RAF Fairford. They also flew right over my house a few times when I was living in both Eaglescliffe and Yate.

Points 48; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Arghhhhh I'm not here!!!! I also have seen them quite a few times. It would have been fantastic to see the show here. I can feel a sick day coming on......oops; I mean day for the queen. :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I've seen the blue angels, America's equivalent and it was great. A friend, retired navy commander got us front row seats
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Now for a bit of a tease, expect the Thais to copy soon after, followed by lots of crashes

"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Does anyone know what time the display will start?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not yet, but will post if/when it is publicised.

Points 48; Position 18
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Great thanks. If they display along the coastline we will be able to have a good view from the balcony of our condo.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm thinking its got to be along the beach, although I'd imagine it will be a little South from your place. I'd guess it will be centred around the Hilton/Centara Grand type area.

Points 48; Position 18
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

They are bound to give the Palace a good view I think. Pray for a clear day and please send them back home!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have written to the RAF to ask if their display will still take place. Their response is as expected i.e.
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm whether the display will go ahead. Our wish is to still perform in Hua Hin but the decision will rest with the Thai government.

Points 48; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

TAT also cannot advise
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali